Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New PC - What can I expect from it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I'm currently in the process of building a new PC and while it's not really going to be used for gaming nearly as much as some other things, I would still like to play some of my old favorites from the GC and Wii.

The Specs

Processor: Intel i7-6700
Video Card: GeForce GTX 970 4GB (Might be upgrading to two at a later date, but not likely.)
RAM: 16GB

I still have the motherboard, SSD (250GB, ordering tomorrow), Processor, and VidCard to buy. Everything else is ready to go, so should I opt for anything different or will this play everything from Brawl to Okami at a good pace?

-----

My current PC has an Intel Pentium N3530 that can almost run GameCube games at a decent pace (Using Windows 10 x64 and the latest version of Dolphin available, I update frequently), so I'm assuming this will be quite a large upgrade. I'd rather be sure before I go through with the build since I can't find any threads for the 6700, just the 6700k.
Whats the reason for not getting the 6700K? Is it just the price?
I have considered both but ultimately decided on the 6700 because of the price, yes. Would the 6700k be worth the extra money?
Right now, according to PCpartpicker.com, the 6700K is only $30 more than the 6700.
The main reason I would get the 6700k over the 6700 is that you can overclock it, meaning in the future if you need extra horsepower, you don't need to get any new components, just overclock. And since you can easily reach 4.4 GHz, that's a whole GHz higher than the 6700.
Oh well in that case I might as well run with the 6700k. Hopefully it doesn't go out of stock before I get a chance to buy it.
It shouldn't. But remember, you need a Z170 board also
I don't think my current board will work then, here's the build if you'd like to edit it to fit the 6700k requirements: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/JerseyXS97/saved/HHfzK8
I wouldn't SLI later. SLI is a serious pain in the butt and never scales perfectly, if even remotely well. Save yourself a headache and power usage and stick with single card solutions.
You'll have to change your case, as I don't see any mini-itx Z170 boards out yet.
Pages: 1 2