Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Path to saved icons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

When I add a new game into dolphin, it has initially no icons.
After a first run, on the next refresh, the icon of the games appears auto magically in dolphin.

I recently duplicated the folder containing the dolphin.exe before updating that one with a new version.
And all the icons are still visible within dolphin. I don't see them in the folder itlself. So I presume they are somewhere else?
Any idea where on Windows ? I didn't find anything is the ProgramData or User's AppData...

I wonder how I could "prepare" those icons in advanced (before running the games), especially if I want to move them all at once to Kids' PC.

V.
They are in the game's save files.
Thx... But where are those game's save files ?

If I run a game with Dolphin 4.0 located in "C:\Program Files\Dolphin 4.0", I can see the icon also when running Dolphin 5.0 located in "C:\Program Files\Dolphin 5.0" (although I never run that game with that version). So the save files are shared... But I don't find where ?

V.
In your Documents folder, there's a folder called Dolphin Emulator. Save files for Wii games are inside the Wii folder that's there, and GameCube memory cards are in the GC folder (unless you changed where they're stored). Only Wii games need save files in order for icons to be shown.

You can't possibly be using Dolphin 5.0, though... It hasn't been released yet.
THx !!!

I didn't find that folder as "My Documents" is on my D drive and I search for "dolphin" on my C drive only.
I will copy that folder to the Kids' PC. Thx !

NB.: I am using an RC: Dolphin 5.0 RC 37 (https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-do...4-0-vs-5-0)

V.
You should use the latest dev build of Dolphin, as the 5.0-rc branch has been abandoned in favor of using a feature freeze (stop major changes and just focusing on bug fixes), which is currently in effect. The 5.0-rc branch was based on 4.0-6XXX something. The current dev build is 4.0-8880 (as of writing)
Thx. I did install the latest 4.0.8xxx as suggested Wink

V.