Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: help downloading dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am new to dolphin and I'm not the greatest with computers. Basically my problem is that I am unable to download development versions of dolphin. Whenever I click download on the stable versions, I am able to click run, and then it downloads and I am able to open and use dolphin just fine. however when I click download on a development version it says open files instead of run. and then when I click open it doesn't actually download anything, it just opens a file and shows me the dolphin.exe or something to that extent. so basically why is this happening? I want a new version of dolphin so I can play melee on netplay, but I cannot seem to figure out how to download it. please help, and sorry If this is a dumb question.
Development versions for Windows are distributed as 7z files, which you need to extract using a program like 7-Zip. Because you can see that Dolphin.exe and other files are inside the 7z file, it sounds like you have a program like that already, so you just need to use it to extract the files to anywhere on your computer.
ok so I figured it out and downloaded the newest version. however when I click on melee, and then AR codes, I do not see global netplay setting. so im a bit confused. I was under the impression this feature would be present in a newer edition of dolphin.
It should be in the Gecko tab with the name Netplay Community Settings. If it isn't there, make sure you have revision 2 of the American release of Melee.
ok I have v1.00 at the moment. so is v1.02 the one you are referring to?
Yes, it's v1.02.
ok so that worked, but now that I have this new version of dolphin and melee, whenever I start melee it says option EFBS scale is overridden by game ini. and the screen is basically all black. so now what is the issue? again thank you a ton for helping me.
Anyone?
The overwritten by .ini means that it is applying a setting that needs to be changed from the Global settings to a setting that the game needs to be properly emulated. It's totally normal, and a lot of games do that.

When the screen is black, what are the FPS, VPS, and Speed counters showing?
this is what I see when I try and start the game.

Dolphin 4.0-8841 / JIT 64DC/ OpenGL/ HLE/ FPS 60 - VPS 60 - 100%

Video Info: ATI Technologies Inc,. AMD HD 6450, 4.1.10834 compatibility profile context.

I see an outline of the game asking me about the memory card, which is what the game does normally when it was running with the stable version of dolphin. And I am able to choose yes or no, so the game itself is running, Its just the screen is black.
Pages: 1 2