Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Low fps while playing Super Mario Galaxy 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Before few weeks, I ran the game normally with 60 fps, but before few days the game start with
60 fps then dropped to 10-20..
Can you help me please?

I have:
Intel Core i5 3.2 GHz
8 GB Ram
AMD Radeon 200 series 2GB
Sounds like the CPU i throttling. Are you running in high performance modded in Windows power management and your CPU isn't overheating?
(01-24-2016, 04:55 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like the CPU i throttling. Are you running in high performance modded in Windows power management and your CPU isn't overheating?

I don't using high performance in Windows power management
What GPU do you have exactly and what graphics settings are you using? I think mario galaxy is a GPU demanding game in Dolphin. Check if lowering your graphics settings helps.
You should use high performance in Windows power management as it allows your CPU to use as much energy as it needs.
(01-24-2016, 07:06 AM)mimimi Wrote: [ -> ]What GPU do you have exactly and what graphics settings are you using? I think mario galaxy is a GPU demanding game in Dolphin. Check if lowering your graphics settings helps.
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270x DUAL-X 2G-5 SHAPPHIRE

(01-24-2016, 08:04 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]You should use high performance in Windows power management as it allows your CPU to use as much energy as it needs.

Now it works fine, thank you
But sometimes the sound make very little "lag", is that ok?
(01-25-2016, 02:00 AM)Igal Wrote: [ -> ]But sometimes the sound make very little "lag", is that ok?

This is a very common problem. There's not much you can do about it, but it will be more uncommon if you're in a part of the game that you've been in before.
(01-25-2016, 04:12 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]This is a very common problem. There's not much you can do about it, but it will be more uncommon if you're in a part of the game that you've been in before.

Ok, and how to load a Memory Card to save games (Like New Super Mario Bros.)?
Wii games don't use Memory Cards.
(01-25-2016, 06:10 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Wii games don't use Memory Cards.

So how the game saved and where..?
Pages: 1 2 3