Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Which OS runs Dolphin the fastest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I'm wondering if some x64 Linux by any chance runs Dolphin faster than Vista Ultimate x64.

If so, are there any 64-bit Linux recommendations? (I want raw speed over features)

mariajones

HI
Friend read your comment. Dolphin the completable to every OS. But Linux is the best option to Dolphin. Linux is very good OS. My opinion to linux....

Thank you....
Well, Windows version is more advanced, Linux version doesn't have some features afaik
At least I can say windows 7 is better than Vista. Though I can't tell exactly how much since my Windows 7 is 64bit while Vista is 32bit, and 64bit is also a bit faster than just 32bit. Anyway the difference is about 10 FPS in Super Mario Galaxy at the observatory (40 > 50)
Everygame I've tried to far I run at perfect fps. Using DX9 on win7rc 64bit.
HM: MM, HM:ToT, SMB:melee, MKBig GrinD, Luigimansion, mariosunshine
Windows 7 x64 version. I am getting nice speed on x64 builds.
well hes not asking if your windows 7 or vista run faster but if it faster on windows than Linux but nobody really read well here because i have asked this question several times and it always come to this everybody talking without giving the answer he want if someone has a Linux 64bit and windows 64bit too test it and then come here and say if it was faster on Linux or windows hes not asking for the features hes asking for speed

Dugie

There are numerous threads on this topic.
Gah you guys do suck at reading. xD
Basically, for the most part I get full speed in dolphin, but there are drops, and if Linux runs it faster, those drops wouldn't be so bad. So can anyone recommend me a fast linux os?

Oh, and just for those guys that were all up about 7, it runs about 20fps worse on my system.
That's a lot slower... you sure you tested with the correct settings? Everyone seem to experience Win7 being somewhat faster than vista. Linux I have no experience with (installed it once but couldn't even figure how to launch stuff)
Pages: 1 2