Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin eventually 'stops working' on any game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For some reason any game, rather it be Smash Bros. Melee for GC or one of the Wii mario karts, will always eventually end up with dolphin crashing and windows giving a 'stopped working' message.
I can run games quite well without any issues other than this, so I think it might have to do with something else.
I made an account specifically to ask about this, so im wondering what I can do to prevent this.
(01-17-2016, 04:39 PM)PHIJKCHUSnivy Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason any game, rather it be Smash Bros. Melee for GC or one of the Wii mario karts, will always eventually end up with dolphin crashing and windows giving a 'stopped working' message.
I can run games quite well without any issues other than this, so I think it might have to do with something else.
I made an account specifically to ask about this, so im wondering what I can do to prevent this.

Use the latest development, 4.0.2 is old and has issues with the latest windows.
It doesn't crash anymore with the latest development, but now the audio sounds all messed up, but it seems to only be the game music or something.
That's weird, considering most audio bugs should be fixed in the latest builds, not the reverseā€¦ What are your audio settings?
Audio settings:
DPS LLE recompiler
audio background XAudio2 I think thats what you meant, anyway.
If I switch to OpenAL then it has the same effect, just significantly less noticeable, but also has a delay.
The games you listed shouldn't need LLE (and you maybe have a bad or corrupted LLE dump). Try HLE.
HLE doesn't fix it.
Im not too good at describing things but no matter what settings, it sounds rough
That's quite weird. Does it only happen with the latest builds or also with other programs? This could be an issue with your system (and is unlikely to be a Dolphin issue).
It didn't do that when i was using 4.02, but if i were to use 4.02 the problem that started this would be an issue again.
It also only happens to dolhpin, if thats what you mean.
I noticed when I was navigating menus in melee, sound effects sounded normal, but the music didn't
(And also, when I was inbetween going into "Melee mode" from the menu, the music went back to normal. BUT when it fully entered the melee mode menu and showed everything, the music problem resumed.)
Ive messed around with stuff and I still can't fix it. Does it have to do with how my specs match up with dolphin or something?
Pages: 1 2