Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin eventually 'stops working' on any game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Have you tried removing your Dolphin settings and starting with fresh settings? (and leaving them at the default so we can rule out configuration issues) If that doesn't help, well, I don't know what the issue could be. Your specs are enough for emulating Melee.
Just to make sure, are you aware that in the latest dev builds if the game isn't running at a constant 30/60FPS you'll get audio crackling, right?
(01-23-2016, 11:53 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Just to make sure, are you aware that in the latest dev builds if the game isn't running at a constant 30/60FPS you'll get audio crackling, right?

I did want to ask OP if they were running at full speed, but then they weren't having this issue in 4.0.2. It seems that synchronised audio was added at some point before 4.0, so I thought that shouldn't be an issue. @OP: can you confirm you're emulating at full speed?
Im not exactly sure what you mean by speed, but my speed limit is set to 100% if thats what you meant.
By speed, I meant the emulation speed. You can check that in the window title, "Dolphin 4.0-xxxx | JIT64 DC | xxx | xxx | FPS: 60 - VPS: 60 - 100%"

You should be seeing 100% in the title, which means that you're emulating at full speed.
oh wow, when i went into windowed mode to check the window title as I couldn't see all of it from alt-tabing it ran normally in windowed mode, does this have to do with the fact I was in fullscreen mode in general?
So are you saying it ran at full speed in windowed mode, but not in fullscreen? Is your IR set to Auto by any chance?
No, its set to 'Native'
So is there any way for me to have it in fullscreen without this problem?
Pages: 1 2