Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Cursor twitching with Wii Remote and Dolphinbar.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just got a real Wii Remote (plus Motion Plus attachment and nunchuck) and Dolphinbar, and I've got it set up and it works, but... I'm getting this twitching of the cursor whenever I point it at the screen. I've tried moving back and forth to adjust the distance from the sensor, but it doesn't seem to help at all. I've got it set up above my monitor and I have Dolphin set up to detect it up top as well.

How can I fix this?
Is the DolphinBar set to Mode 3?
Your DolphinBar is probably losing the Infrared Emitters. Mine did it, and now it's useless as a sensor bar.
The Dolphinbar seems to be new, so maybe it's not failing yet. And with the latest firmware update it should only fail when/if you use it for a long time.

The IR sensor in the wiimote(that's where the sensor is actually...) can be confused by other light or more precise heat sources.

To check if the Dolphinbar is dying, look at it with a digital camera. The one from a mobile phone should do it. There should be 5 lights on both sides, 2 single ones and one group of 3, if i remember correctly.
Here's some pics of it. How does it look to you?

https://imgur.com/a/LtatZ

Also to the person who asked me if it was on mode 3... no? It only seems to work on Dolphin on Mode 4.
So... is that good or bad?
Sorry to keep bumping this, but I need to know if that looks like anything is wrong with the Dolphinbar...
I count five on each end, so it's fine! You most likely are just too close to the sensor bar. Just like with a wii, if you get too close the wiimote will not be able to see all of the lights, and it does bad things. Try backing away from it and using the wiimote it? Then get closer to see what works?
(01-19-2016, 08:52 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]I count five on each end, so it's fine! You most likely are just too close to the sensor bar. Just like with a wii, if you get too close the wiimote will not be able to see all of the lights, and it does bad things. Try backing away from it and using the wiimote it? Then get closer to see what works?

Tried that. Backed up all the way to the far wall and it still does it.

Could there be some sort of options/settings thing I may have missed?

At the moment, I only have one Wii Remote, but my neighbor has one and I'm gonna try and see if I can borrow it and see if it maybe is the Wiimote itself, but they haven't been around the last few days so I haven't been able to check.
If it still happens, is there a window nearby? Cover it! The sun produces UV light and can interfere. Or test just at night?
Pages: 1 2