Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Cursor twitching with Wii Remote and Dolphinbar.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(01-20-2016, 08:21 AM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]If it still happens, is there a window nearby? Cover it! The sun produces UV light and can interfere. Or test just at night?

Nope, my window is fully covered.
So I got my neighbor to let me borrow their Wiimote to test if it was the Wiimote and... uh... results were inconclusive...

I couldn't get their Wiimote to sync to Dolphinbar. The Wiimote would blink, and Dolphinbar would blink for a while, but then it'd just give up searching for the Wiimote.

But then I put the batteries back in my own Wiimote and it paired right up with Dolphinbar...

Is there some kind of program I can use to manually calibrate the Wiimote?
Delete your Dolphin SYSCONF file. You can find it in the [Global User Directory]\Wii\shared2\sys\ folder. That should reset the calibration and hopefully fix your problem!

Sometimes it gets bad calibration data saved to it and needs a reset. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(01-21-2016, 09:00 AM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]Delete your Dolphin SYSCONF file. You can find it in the [Global User Directory]\Wii\shared2\sys\ folder. That should reset the calibration and hopefully fix your problem!

Sometimes it gets bad calibration data saved to it and needs a reset. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just tried that. No improvement Sad
Okay I figured out what the problem is, and you're all gonna laugh.

The problem with my twitching Wiimote iiiiiiis....

ME!

That's right! It's MY fault! After laying the Wiimote in a flat surface and noticing that it WASN'T TWITCHING AT ALL, I determined that it's MY HANDS THAT ARE TWITCHING!

Fantastic. At least I'M broken and not the Wiimote/Dolphinbar.

So now we come to a new problem!

I've tried adjusting the IR Sensitivity in Dolphin to make it less sensitive but... it doesn't seem to have any noticeable effect. Is there a better way to reduce the sensitivity, so my ever so slightly trembling hands won't cause the Wiimote cursor to flip out?
Help?
Pages: 1 2