Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: i7-4770HQ Notebook problems with Wind Waker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Erik

Hey Folks I`m new in this community so first of all i`d like to thank you for all this great work!

My problem is that i want to play Wind Waker on my notebook but framerates vary between 20 and 25.
I have an i7-4770HQ with an Iris Pro 5200 and 8GB RAM. Based videos I´ve seen this game runs on much weaker systems.
Am I wrong in this point? Are there any modifications i can do to get the game runing?
Update to the latest development version of Dolphin.

Elaiasmat

I don't know if this can help,but I use intel hd graphics and openGL just doesn't works great,I have to use direct3d,try that.

Erik

The latest development version initially brought a great improvement so that i could play with solid 30Fps. However in the first dungeon when i had to fight some enemys the Framerate droped to 20 and below.
As far as I know, on intel drivers, D3D is by far faster than OpenGL. You might also try our D3D12 PR builds. But your hardware should be able to handle this game *very* well.
They will need to update to Windows 10 first, degasus. Tongue

Here's the PR if you want to try the D3D12 builds if you want to upgrade to Windows 10.

https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/3364

Scroll to the bottom, and you'll see a box with buildbot builds for Windows.
(01-15-2016, 08:24 PM)Erik Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Folks I`m new in this community so first of all i`d like to thank you for all this great work!

My problem is that i want to play Wind Waker on my notebook but framerates vary between 20 and 25.
I have an i7-4770HQ with an Iris Pro 5200 and 8GB RAM. Based videos I´ve seen this game runs on much weaker systems.
Am I wrong in this point? Are there any modifications i can do to get the game runing?

yeah like helios said just upgrade to windows 10, there are various torrent sites where you can download windows 10 for free!
(01-22-2016, 04:39 AM)i_like_Ike Wrote: [ -> ]yeah like helios said just upgrade to windows 10, there are various torrent sites where you can download windows 10 for free!

Please don't promote piracy.

You can just use the Windows media creation tool and get a legitimate copy of Windows 10 for free using the upgrade program.
...Windows 10 is free anyway...
(01-22-2016, 05:33 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Please don't promote piracy.

You can just use the Windows media creation tool and get a legitimate copy of Windows 10 for free using the upgrade program.

i don't promote it, a lot of people pirate anyway, just no one has the balls to admit it, it's the same problem as with pro bodybuilders (and some hobby bodybuilders) taking steroids, they do take steroids but don't admit it even tho it's obvious.
Pages: 1 2