Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problems with .dtm recording (when loading savestate)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
EDIT: More details: It seems it loads the inputs fine when it's just a .dtm recording. When there's a savestate associated, it fails to load emulation and just stays on a black screen.

I'm playing Xenoblade Chronicles using the HD Texture pack.

And it runs fine! I love how it looks.

The problem is when I try to do input recordings (so I can do it full speed) and try to record a movie.
I make a backup savestate at the point where I want to record.

And I click "Start Recording Input".

I play, and then want to "Export Recording" and save it as normal.

When I click "Stop Emulation" and it wants me to save a second time (I do so and rename it a different name for the dtm).

I want to replay it so I can see it before I replay the move with "Dump Frames" and "Dump Audio" on...
And yet all I see is a black screen.

It shows the inputs and such on the "bar" on top of the emulation window though:
Spoiler:
Dolphin 4.0-8650

Specs:
Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
8 GB RAM
Windows 10 64-bit
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M
First of all, you have an Nvidia card, so you should almost definitely be using OpenGL rather than D3D. Second, you don't need to Export Recording; just start recording whenever you want, and when you stop the emulation, the dialogue will appear asking you to save the file.
(01-11-2016, 07:26 AM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, you have an Nvidia card, so you should almost definitely be using OpenGL rather than D3D. Second, you don't need to Export Recording; just start recording whenever you want, and when you stop the emulation, the dialogue will appear asking you to save the file.

Switched to OpenGL...

However, now when I load the movie, it says : ScheduleEvent from wrong thread

Spoiler:
Do you have panic handlers turned on? A lot of times it'll report an issue even if emulation can continue just fine, so it's better to have them off. Unless it's actually causing a crash--is it?
Panic handlers are in fact, checked.
"ScheduleEvent from wrong thread" is really bad if you're using DTMs, because it means something probably will desync Sad
(01-11-2016, 07:50 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]"ScheduleEvent from wrong thread" is really bad if you're using DTMs, because it means something probably will desync Sad

If I disable dual core, it's fine and it doesn't appear and the "input" on the top of the emulation screen keeps going up...

However, it is still a black screen.
No need to disable dualcore entirely, just enable fake-completion in the game's properties. This is a weird idea that probably won't work, but what if you check "render to main window" instead of having it render to a new window?
(01-11-2016, 07:58 AM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]No need to disable dualcore entirely, just enable fake-completion in the game's properties. This is a weird idea that probably won't work, but what if you check "render to main window" instead of having it render to a new window?

No luck, it seems.
Does anyone have any idea what it could be? Like, would it be a problem with savestate loading somehow?
Pages: 1 2