Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will my new PC be able to run Dolphin effectively?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello,
I am soon to receive a new PC, and my profile's specs are the PC's specs:

Windows 7 64-Bit
Quad-Core Intel Core i7 4790 @4GHz
GTX 750TI Zotac 2GB
8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

How well will I be able to use Dolphin (on the latest builds)? What sort of graphical enhancements will I be able to apply?

One of the things I'd most like to do is run my games at 900p (My monitor's max resolution) with anti-aliasing. Can I expect a smooth 60fps where applicable?

Thank you for your time.
That's a very powerful CPU, the graphics card also seems very sufficient too. Dolphin should run amazingly,
Should be fine. Use the latest development build and play around with the enhancement settings as much as you'd like. That's a powerful system.
(11-17-2015, 08:21 AM)walfo1 Wrote: [ -> ]That's a very powerful CPU, the graphics card also seems very sufficient too. Dolphin should run amazingly,

(11-17-2015, 08:45 AM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]Should be fine. Use the latest development build and play around with the enhancement settings as much as you'd like. That's a powerful system.

Thanks for the info, guys, shall I post how it goes when I get the PC?
Quite an upgrade from my current PC, don't you think?

Core2 Duo 2.2GHz
Radeon HD5450 Silent Edition
4GB of generic unknown branded RAM
Yup, quite an upgrade.
Hey guys, I've been thinking of sacrificing the i7 4790 for an i5 4690K and a GTX 960 GPU.

Will this be worse for Dolphin? The Processor is only 100MHz under the other processor, but the Graphics Card is a big improvement, which would help me with PC games.
Those two CPU models have the same performance in Dolphin, so the answer to the question is no; it won´t be worse.
Thank you Barry, I'll switch to that then.
Do you think I'll be able to apply more graphic enhancements with this card? I plan on playing these games:

Zelda Skyward Sword
Sonic Colours
Smash Bros. Brawl
Zelda Twilight Princess (I realise this is hard on CPU)
Super Paper Mario

Possibly others, you get the drift.

I'd like to play with:
4x AA
16x AF
Scaled EFB copy
Texture Filtering
1600 x 900 resolution

along with other settings on high

Is this realistic, or will I need to turn down my AA?

Also, would supersampling be a good idea?
With that 960 you'd be more than able to. Go for it! That's a powerful build.
I can play Twlight Princess at 100% speed with 4xAA and 1080P, and I have an i7-4700MQ and a GTX 765M. (Make sure efb stores to textures for a speed boost. May cause bugs for other games like the metroid Prime trilogy.)
Pages: 1 2 3 4