Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is the GTX 750 Ti enough for DolphinFX?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Topic.

I am getting the "failed to compile pixel shader" error, with the specifics of the error being that OpenGL does not allow swizzles on scalar expressions. Is my GPU not strong enough, or are there some settings I need to change?

Thanks in advance!
What driver version are you on?
Did you make sure you arent forcing anything from the driver?
sorry, but what is the dolphin with "FX"?
(11-13-2015, 09:30 AM)luyong20121221 Wrote: [ -> ]sorry, but what is the dolphin with "FX"?

A OpenGL shader for dolphin, wich you can make games look better by eg. using Bloom or something else. See https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-do...gl-backend
I apologize for the lack of a response. I found out that Dolphin 5.0 (one of the RC versions, anyways) is essential to get DolphinFX to work, as I read that Dolphin 4.0 can't do post-processing as well as Dolphin 5.0 (or something like that). If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Other than that, I'm all set!
I think that any development build should work, they're actually more up to date than the 5.0-RC builds (despite the older 4.0-xxxx build numbers). You might've been using the stable 4.0.2, which is heavily outdated.
5.0 is being scrapped and rebooted anyways.
We did change our postprocessing shader format already some times since 4.0, so just try to get a version similiar with the postprocessing shader, or update the shader yourself Big Grin

By the way: This error message has nothing to do with your GPU, it's just a broken shader. It *might* be a driver bug (common on mobiles), but on desktop GPUs, it's often a bug in the shader, so either dolphin, or the postprocessing one.