Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Donkey Kong Country Returns - DK turns invisible/flickers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone

I just noticed for me when playing Donkey Kong Country Returns on the latest version of Dolphin upon beginning the level Donkey Kong will disappear.

I managed to narrow down 4.0-8010 as the update that caused the change to happen, as using 4.0-8008 there is no problem.

Anyone else able to reproduce this issue? Or know of a work around?
Yeap. It's happening on my end too. Using OpenGL backend. When you start a level, DK completely disappears. You can only see his shadow on the ground
Thanks for reporting. The bug is already tracked down:
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-wi...#pid389257

But i can't say how long it will take until it is fixed.

NUK3TH3WHAL35

(10-26-2015, 09:47 AM)kaega2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone

I just noticed for me when playing Donkey Kong Country Returns on the latest version of Dolphin upon beginning the level Donkey Kong will disappear.

I managed to narrow down 4.0-8010 as the update that caused the change to happen, as using 4.0-8008 there is no problem.

Anyone else able to reproduce this issue? Or know of a work around?

To solve this (for now) using D3D you must UNCHECK Scaled EFB Copy. DK and Diddy appear low res, BUT they remain visible.

On OpenGL what worked for me was to UNCHECK Store EFB Copies under Hacks and to UNCHECK Scaled EFB Copy under Enhancements. THEN RE-CHECK them. After this they stopped flickering and were NOT low res.