Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The last story question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

After reading the september progress report there is an article about the last story:
[color=#333333]
The Last Story Clothing
[/color]
[color=#333333]: Users are going to see this as a negative, while developers are going to see this as a positive. Prior to this change, players of [/color][color=#428bca]The Last Story[/color][color=#333333] would be able to flip off Store EFB Copies to Texture for one frame, then turn it back on in order to give all the clothing of characters in The Last Story their proper texture. That no longer works, as this relied on the previous behavior of Dolphin not paying attention to the contents of the RAM. This undoubtedly increases the system requirements for what is already one of the most demanding games in Dolphin.
[/color]
I am in dire need of performance, because when using efb to ram I get 24~ fps in most of the castle cutscenes. My question is how do I use the trick what is described there. I have downloaded a dev build prior to this change and toggled the efb copies to ram/textures ingame, but it behaves like it does in the newer builds. If it did not load the texture to begin with it simply wont. No matter how many times i switch.

Am I missing a point here? Help appreciated.
It was always working the same way as far as i know. If you start the game using efb2ram, the clothes are loaded, and if you switch to efb2tex afterwards, the clothes stay. If you are using efb2tex while the clothes are loaded, they are broken and will stay that way.

You can fix this after loading by enabling efb2ram, and changing the color of the clothes. And then you can switch to efb2tex.
yeah I already know that. Since the post was stating that a certain method will not work for now on, and the one you mentioned is completely fine, I thought there was another workaround which I am unaware of.

I have interpreted the part regarding the clothes, that in prev revisions all you had to do was just chagne copy to texture/ram and it went away by itself. Now you have to recolor every armor part and clothing for them to be actually textured again. Its annoying. Unfortunately my pc cant handle the game with efb to ram enabled.

4670k stock, r9 270x
(10-20-2015, 04:52 AM)vishy92 Wrote: [ -> ]yeah I already know that. Since the post was stating that a certain method will not work for now on, and the one you mentioned is completely fine, I thought there was another workaround which I am unaware of.

I have interpreted the part regarding the clothes, that in prev revisions all you had to do was just chagne copy to texture/ram and it went away by itself. Now you have to recolor every armor part and clothing for them to be actually textured again. Its annoying. Unfortunately my pc cant handle the game with efb to ram enabled.

4670k stock,  r9 270x

Try using a low internal resolution value, efb to ram decreases performance with higher ir even with the best graphic cards.