Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Missing Sound after GBA Connection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Jordh

Hi everyone,

I am trying to set up Dolphin with VBA-M to play The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (PAL) in Multiplayer Mode.

After some difficulties and with the help of the Dolphin Wiki page I managed to get the GBA connection to work. However, there is the problem that as soon as VBA-M connects to Dolphin (and the game recognizes a GBA controller), the game stops playing sound:
  • When using VBA-M version r947, the GC emulation stopped playing any sound and the framerate dropped to around 42%.
  • When using VBA-M version 2.0.0 Beta 2 (most recent version), the GC emulation stays at 100% speed, but the sound is still gone.

I tried switching between XAudio2 and OpenAL audio backend, but neither worked. I did not switch to LLE audio emulation though since FSA is one of the games using Zelda µcode.

I am using version 4.0-7933 (development version) of Dolphin. You can see my systems specs on my profile.

I really hope someone has any idea on how to fix the missing audio problem.

~ Jordh

Jordh

Push - Maybe anyone got a solution for the problem?
Use DSP-LLE iirc.

MudNoodle

BUMP

Just tried playing with v5.0. Works great but the audio stops on the Dolphin emulator when the GBA is connected.
GBA emulator plays audio just fine. I'd rather it the other way around and changing to LLE only causes the emulators to crash.

Anyone got a fix yet?

NeoSonic

(06-25-2016, 05:46 PM)MudNoodle Wrote: [ -> ]BUMP

Just tried playing with v5.0. Works great but the audio stops on the Dolphin emulator when the GBA is connected.
GBA emulator plays audio just fine. I'd rather it the other way around and changing to LLE only causes the emulators to crash.

Anyone got a fix yet?

'allo mate,

Might have a solution for ya' but don't quote me on it!

I seemed to solve the problem with the audio disappearing by replacing the dsp_coef.bin & dsp_rom.bin that come with Dolphin with ones that I personally ripped.

I'm using Dolphin 5.0 & VBA-M SVN1490, Audio is DSP LLE with the Xaudio backend & have managed to complete a level using 2 GBAs with the missus.

Hope this helps Big Grin

MudNoodle

No idea what any that was, so I googled dsp_coef.bin & dsp_rom.bin and found some files to replace in the GC folder.

Changed the settings to yours and... WHAT THE HELL, HOW ARE YOU MAGIC?!
It's working!

Thanks, mate.

Now the real challenge begins with getting my missus to play cooperatively with me.

NeoSonic

(06-26-2016, 02:08 AM)MudNoodle Wrote: [ -> ]No idea what any that was, so I googled dsp_coef.bin & dsp_rom.bin and found some files to replace in the GC folder.

Changed the settings to yours and... WHAT THE HELL, HOW ARE YOU MAGIC?!
It's working!

Thanks, mate.

Now the real challenge begins with getting my missus to play cooperatively with me.

Hahaha, I have my moments... Glad to hear it worked for ya' mate.

Can't help you with the missus though I'm afraid Wink
Yeah, you need a real GC/Wii DSP dump to have proper connection
(06-26-2016, 02:08 AM)MudNoodle Wrote: [ -> ]No idea what any that was, so I googled dsp_coef.bin & dsp_rom.bin and found some files to replace in the GC folder.

Sooooo...

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Announcem...orum-rules
Global Forum Rules Wrote:Warez/downloading games talk is prohibited and frowned upon. To prevent legal issues, you may not post links or refer to any kind of NAND, BIOS, ISO, game, or other copyrighted material that has been illegally obtained or shared. If any post like that is found, the thread containing it will be closed and further support will be revoked. Stating that you've downloaded a game will get you banned immediately, no matter if you purchased the game or not. Asking where to find or download games will get you banned immediately. Providing where to download games will get you banned immediately. You must legally dump/rip your own games, NAND, BIOS, etc.

The GC IPL (bios) is copywritten material.

*picks up her magic moderator mallet*

Banned. Oh, and closing too, since the original poster is long gone and MudNoodle co-opted this thread.