Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: MULTIPLE PROBLEMS!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello am having two serious problems on Dolphin. It seems that every time a new build releases it breaks something else.  Hasn't anybody ever heard of "If its not broken don't fix it"  Well anyways I am using the latest build 4.0-7933.  Lets get straight to issue #1

Issue#1: Playing games in Direct3D is really slow with texture packs, compared to OpenGL! On Wind Waker I get 14fps with a internal resolution of 4x, along with a texture pack. Bringing it down to native runs full speed.  Turning off the texture pack also runs at full speed at 4x!   On Super Mario Galaxy I would get 30fps with the texture pack! Just like Windwaker if I bring the internal resolution down to native it runs full speed. Also turning the texture pack off at 4x also runs at full speed.  And lastly Xenoblade Chronicles with a texture pack runs smoothly. I guess its only with certain games that runs terribly with texture packs on with Direct3D at resolutions higher then native. 
Anyways I never had this issue before on a previous build. I don't remember what build it was, because its been awhile sense I played Dolphin.  And like I said before OpenGL runs perfect!

Issue#2 I get blue text on where you select which ISO you want to play on the Dolphin Browser. I'll just post a Picture!
I never had this issue before on a previous build. I don't remember what build it was, like before I haven't play Dolphin in awhile. 

Please help with these issues. It would be greatly appreciated, I would like to get back gaming with Dolphin!

My Specs by the way is:
CPU: Intel i7 4790K@4.7Ghz
GPU: Radeon R9 380
RAM: 16Gb 8Gbx2 DDR3 @ 2133Mhz
PSU: Antec 600watts

That's why they're called developer builds, so the developers can implement new things. If a bug or issue pops in, then they can fix it.
If you want to run something more "stable", try the 5.0 release candidates. They're only getting bug fixes to fix regressions that weren't in 4.0.2 (or other critical bugs), so things won't be too broken. However, it is based off of 4.0-6something, so it doesn't have all of the newest features.

For Issue #1, texture packs are more resource intensive at higher resolutions for some games depending on how the pack was made. There was a change some time ago as to how texture packs are handled. So if you had an older version, you may be remembering the old style. What you could try to do to eliminate the issue is enable texture prefetching, which loads all the textures into RAM before running the game.

If I remember correctly, for Issue #2 the blue titles means that Windows has compressed those files to save disk space. It shouldn't have any ill effects for you?
(10-05-2015, 01:20 AM)Lumbeeslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Issue#2 I get blue text on where you select which ISO you want to play on the Dolphin Browser. I'll just post a Picture!
I never had this issue before on a previous build. I don't remember what build it was, like before I haven't play Dolphin in awhile. 

That's intended. Blue text has meant compressed game for a very long time, but until recently there was an oversight that made only GCZ count as compressed.

(10-05-2015, 01:50 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]If I remember correctly, for Issue #2 the blue titles means that Windows has compressed those files to save disk space. It shouldn't have any ill effects for you?

It has nothing to do with Windows's built-in compression.
That's why I said if I remembered correctly Tongue Because Windows also uses blue text for compression of files
(10-05-2015, 01:50 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]For Issue #1, texture packs are more resource intensive at higher resolutions for some games depending on how the pack was made. There was a change some time ago as to how texture packs are handled. So if you had an older version, you may be remembering the old style. What you could try to do to eliminate the issue is enable texture prefetching, which loads all the textures into RAM before running the game.
Even with prefetch textures enabled the game still runs extremely slow. What happened to Direct3D plugin? These games were never this slow on previous builds. And like I said OpenGL runs perfect.
If you want this fixed, track down which build made it slower. Just go back like 500 builds, and test. And if that works, pick the build in the middle and so on.
(10-05-2015, 02:53 AM)mimimi Wrote: [ -> ]If you want this fixed, track down which build made it slower. Just go back like 500 builds, and test. And if that works, pick the build in the middle and so on.

Well that's not a very helpful answer. I sure as hell ain't downloading, searching, and testing every build till I find one that works perfect with Direct3D. That's too much work, and am sure you wouldn't even do it neither. 
You are incorrect, you have very little builds to test this way (maybe 10 at most?).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisection_method
(10-05-2015, 10:49 AM)Lumbeeslayer Wrote: [ -> ]That's too much work, and am sure you wouldn't even do it neither. 
You're right. We won't do it. So if YOU want it fixed, YOU have to do it Tongue
(10-05-2015, 10:20 PM)degasus Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2015, 10:49 AM)Lumbeeslayer Wrote: [ -> ]That's too much work, and am sure you wouldn't even do it neither. 
You're right. We won't do it. So if YOU want it fixed, YOU have to do it Tongue

Oh please you look like i'll do it. How foolish of you. And please am sure other people are having the same problem. This is a dev issue. And it's not my place to find it and fix. Besides am not a programmer. This is a issue that am sure other users are having as well.  And its not my place to find and fix it. I didn't break it so... Besides this would have never happened if there were better developers working on Dolphin, and not foolish ones who break issues. That's why open source projects are much worse then closed because any body can work on dolphin, even ones who aren't very skilled at programming, and then that's when things start breaking.
Pages: 1 2 3