Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Low FPS at Twilight Princess, any Hardware Advice?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

BierBaer

Hey Guys,
I'm experiencing Low FPS at TLoZ-TP, any advice? Dedicated GPU? New CPU?

CPU: i3 4130
GPU: HD4400
RAM: 4GB DDR3 1866
Board: Asrock H81M-HDS
Case: Element QI 200W
Dolphin: 4.0-7727

native Resolution
widescreen hack
ticked all Settings mentioned for this Game (Hyrule field Hack included)

Thanks in Advance Smile
(09-17-2015, 06:23 PM)BierBaer Wrote: [ -> ]ticket all Settings mentioned for this Game (Hyrule field Hack included)

if you are going to upgrade, the Pentium G3258 is an excellent budget chip, but you would definitely need to get some sort of dedicated GPU

BierBaer

(09-18-2015, 10:07 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]Pentium G3258 is an excellent budget chip, but you would definitely need to get some sort of dedicated GPU

Okay, I found that the majority of you recommend this CPU. But it will only work satisfying if its overclocked right? -> That is something I dont want to do, because I have just the small Element QI case with no Fans beside the CPU-Cooler and Powersupply

As GPU: Would an GT 730 be okay? or is it to small/weak? Nice thing about it, there a passive cooled Versions available Smile
There are 3 versions of GT 730 (128 bit DDR3 , 64 bit DDR3 and 64bit GDDR5 )
Only the 64 GDDR5 version is exceptable for 720p or 1600x1320 (2.5x IR) , the rest are worthless
Honestly , i would buy GT 740 GDDR5 or GTX 750 if i was you
You could get a bigger case, you know. But you should be able to run that game at base clock, and if you can't, putting it up under 4.0 GhZ shouldn't overheat you unless you have some real cooling issues

BierBaer

Okay thank you Guys!
I think i will go with the Pentium and a dedicated GPU. Maybe the best Solution...

*P.S. i could change my case, but i dont want or better to say I cant. Because i integrated it in a wooden wall to have a nice and clean finish.

And again: Thanks for your Help!
Even overclocked, the Pentium has really low heat output compared to other chips that can handle Dolphin well. You should be fine.
Well , even the shitty Intel cooler can keep it running at 4.6GHz...
Since you have no casefan , 4.2GHz and undervolt Vcore like 1.2V (Lower Vcore = lower heat , longer lifespan) . Max safe Vcore for Intel CPU is 1.35V . Do not go overboard with Vcore and do not use auto-OC feature because it will make CPU run with ridiculous Vcore like 1.4V !
G3258 would be a downgrade not an upgrade. It would be better to go with a i5-4690k.
I have no idea on what game you are talking about.

"ToL-TP"? Why you have to abbreviate this much? Were you in a hurry when you posted this topic? Were you typing with your dreamcast controller on your dreamcast browser or something? Undecided
Pages: 1 2