Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Memory Card Slot A!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been playing Twilight Princess GC on 4.0.2 for MAC and was able to save directly on the memory card slot A. I would use save states aswell once in a while in some dungeons. But now when i want to open up the game again, nothing has been saved and it asks me if i want to write to Memory Card A like i never played it before so I am stuck using the save states. Problem is I want to use the new developers Dolphin because it worked out the minimap glitch i always had. I tried deleting the memory card A, loading my saved state and saving ingame to create a new memory card in Dolphin/GC and it seems to save. But when i open it again it does not work.. PLEAS HELP!!! Sad Sad
(09-15-2015, 07:57 AM)DiBlasio48 Wrote: [ -> ]I have been playing Twilight Princess GC on 4.0.2 for MAC and was able to save directly on the memory card slot A. I would use save states aswell once in a while in some dungeons. But now when i want to open up the game again, nothing has been saved and it asks me if i want to write to Memory Card A like i never played it before so I am stuck using the save states. Problem is I want to use the new developers Dolphin because it worked out the minimap glitch i always had. I tried deleting the memory card A, loading my saved state and saving ingame to create a new memory card in Dolphin/GC and it seems to save. But when i open it again it does not work.. PLEAS HELP!!! Sad  Sad

Oh men I have the same problem! At least I think... I created another thread on this before I read yours. My problem is with Zelda TP on the Wii. WHen I opened dolphin yesterday and today again I had to add the zelda iso again, and then start all over again. There was no memory of my play record. And yesterday I played to the forest temple! I thought maybe it is due to the updates of windows 10 but if you have a mac i think there is another problem. Someone else posted I should try to place portable.txt in the dolphin folder. I hope this can be solved.
Try using GCI folders.

Go into config > gamecube > change from memory card to GCI folder.

Load your save state, and save normally. See if that works.
Yo just so you know. On my other thread helios suggested me to create a textfile portable.txt and place it in the dolphin folder. And I got my old file back, which I thought was gone. I hope his advice works for you as well! Have fun.
(09-15-2015, 05:29 PM)Ashen34 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-15-2015, 07:57 AM)DiBlasio48 Wrote: [ -> ]I have been playing Twilight Princess GC on 4.0.2 for MAC and was able to save directly on the memory card slot A. I would use save states aswell once in a while in some dungeons. But now when i want to open up the game again, nothing has been saved and it asks me if i want to write to Memory Card A like i never played it before so I am stuck using the save states. Problem is I want to use the new developers Dolphin because it worked out the minimap glitch i always had. I tried deleting the memory card A, loading my saved state and saving ingame to create a new memory card in Dolphin/GC and it seems to save. But when i open it again it does not work.. PLEAS HELP!!! Sad  Sad

Oh men I have the same problem! At least I think... I created another thread on this before I read yours. My problem is with Zelda TP on the Wii. WHen I opened dolphin yesterday and today again I had to add the zelda iso again, and then start all over again. There was no memory of my play record. And yesterday I played to the forest temple! I thought maybe it is due to the updates of windows 10 but if you have a mac i think there is another problem. Someone else posted I should try to place portable.txt in the dolphin folder. I hope this can be solved.

Sorry if i sound like a newb here. portable.txt ?
(09-15-2015, 05:36 PM)helios747 Wrote: [ -> ]Try using GCI folders.

Go into config > gamecube > change from memory card to GCI folder.

Load your save state, and save normally. See if that works.

I have no such thing as GCI folder. Only Memory card, Dummy and USB Gecko!
(09-15-2015, 11:48 PM)DiBlasio48 Wrote: [ -> ]

No problem I didn't know either:p you just create a file on notepad or something like that, leave it empty and save it as portable.txt in the Dolphin map. Hope that fixes things.
(09-15-2015, 11:54 PM)Ashen34 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-15-2015, 11:48 PM)DiBlasio48 Wrote: [ -> ]

No problem I didn't know either:p you just create a file on notepad or something like that, leave it empty and save it as portable.txt in the Dolphin map. Hope that fixes things.

Just tried it. Unfortunately the issue persists Sad
[quote pid='385808' dateline='1442325750']

[/quote]

I am sorry to here that. I hope someone else has a solution...
(09-16-2015, 01:09 AM)Ashen34 Wrote: [ -> ][quote pid='385808' dateline='1442325750']

I am sorry to here that. I hope someone else has a solution...
[/quote]

Thanks again!
Pages: 1 2