Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Smash bros Brawl.wbfs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Build: 5.0-rc-27-x64
CPU: i7 4720 HQ
RAM 2*8GB
GPU: 960M 2GB
I have been trying to play super smash bros brawl on dolphin however i have been running into trouble. All of my games are in a .wbfs format, and because of this brawl is broken up into two parts. Is there a way that I can merge these two file into one iso file or make dolphin just use both files. I have been looking around for quite some time now, I did try wii backup manager, but when I try to add and of the two brawl files the program will not accept them.
Just put both files in the same folder, and Dolphin will handle it automatically. For instance, like this:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl.wbfs
Super Smash Bros. Brawl.wbf1
(09-14-2015, 04:27 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Just put both files in the same folder, and Dolphin will handle it automatically. For instance, like this:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl.wbfs
Super Smash Bros. Brawl.wbf1

Alright, I've put them in a folder together, and even named them what you suggested. However now I get an error that says"\path to dolphin files\Super Smash Bros. Brawl.wbfs" is an invalid GCM/ISO file or is not a GC/Wii ISO. Can you not play .wbfs files anymore?
That's strange... WBFS files should work. I used a WBFS version of SSBB myself a while ago, and it ran fine (though the file was a bit corrupted because of a common bug in WBFS-creating programs, so playing Masterpieces and opening Dolphin's game properties window didn't work). Does the game show up in the game list?
(09-14-2015, 04:38 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]That's strange... WBFS files should work. I used a WBFS version of SSBB myself a while ago, and it ran fine (though the file was a bit corrupted because of a common bug in WBFS-creating programs, so playing Masterpieces and opening Dolphin's game properties window didn't work). Does the game show up in the game list?

It does not show up on a list, however I can play the game just fine on a homebrew'd wii that has USB boot.
(09-14-2015, 04:38 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]That's strange... WBFS files should work. I used a WBFS version of SSBB myself a while ago, and it ran fine (though the file was a bit corrupted because of a common bug in WBFS-creating programs, so playing Masterpieces and opening Dolphin's game properties window didn't work). Does the game show up in the game list?

That's not a but, that's a feature...

WBFS strips everything from the game disc that is not the game partition. The masterpieces each have their own partition on the disc.
So Is there any way for me to combine the split files?
(09-14-2015, 11:48 AM)RagingFire Wrote: [ -> ]So Is there any way for me to combine the split files?

1. Dump game to external media from Wii

2. Use the Wii Backup Manager you downloaded earlier to save it as an ISO (if you're using the one I think you are, then it should be under Transfer -> ISO)
(09-14-2015, 08:42 AM)mimimi Wrote: [ -> ]

That's not a but, that's a feature...

WBFS strips everything from the game disc that is not the game partition. The masterpieces each have their own partition on the disc.

Removing the extra partitions can indeed be intended, so I'll agree that Masterpieces not working isn't a bug. However, some programs remove partitions improperly by keeping the removed partitions in the partition list, making Dolphin's game properties access garbage data when it tries to read the non-existent partitions.
(09-14-2015, 12:48 PM)TehGuy Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-14-2015, 11:48 AM)RagingFire Wrote: [ -> ]So Is there any way for me to combine the split files?

1. Dump game to external media from Wii

2. Use the Wii Backup Manager you downloaded earlier to save it as an ISO (if you're using the one I think you are, then it should be under Transfer -> ISO)

The files I have were dumped from my wii. However when I try to load them into wii backup manager, it rejects the files.
Pages: 1 2