Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 7554 & 7558 x64 MSVCP140.dll missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I updated to versions 7554 and 7558 under Win7 64 and now I have an error message telling me MSVCP140.dll is missing which prevents Dolphin from starting. A quick Google search shows it is related to Visual Studio 2015 and I saw you switched to it a few versions ago. Are all users supposed to installed the libraries now or will it be included it the coming releases?

Thanks in advance and for the great work.
You should install the libraries. Details: https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/p...-137444102
(09-04-2015, 08:52 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]You should install the libraries. Details: https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/p...-137444102

Thanks for the quick reply, I'm downloading it right away. However I think you can expect a lot of questions like mine because it's a change for the Dolphin user's habit.

EDIT: Worked fine after downloading it from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=48145
I've tried every which-way to get that to work for me, but every time I run the installer, it fails.
It constantly gives me error 0x80240017. I am currently using windows 7, and something tells
me that I'm going to be forced to use Windows 8 or higher for this.
(10-23-2015, 12:00 AM)iteachvader Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried every which-way to get that to work for me, but every time I run the installer, it fails.
It constantly gives me error 0x80240017. I am currently using windows 7, and something tells
me that I'm going to be forced to use Windows 8 or higher for this.

Dolphin works just fine on Windows 7. Can you try to download this again? It could be a download problem.
(10-23-2015, 12:00 AM)iteachvader Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried every which-way to get that to work for me, but every time I run the installer, it fails.
It constantly gives me error 0x80240017. I am currently using windows 7
Do you have SP1? It's required AFAIK.
(10-23-2015, 05:05 AM)Aleron Ives Wrote: [ -> ]
It constantly gives me error 0x80240017. I am currently using windows 7
Do you have SP1? It's required AFAIK.

Yes.
I've redownloaded the installer several times from several different places, including 
the official Microsoft page and absolutely nothing works. I've restarted my computer,
uninstalled and reinstalled possible conflicting versions, installed updates, and
everything in between.
I just checked your profile and it says you're on an x86 version of windows... that being the case, you couldn't run the latest dev revisions even if you did install the libraries. But are you sure you're downloading the version that matches your architecture?
(10-23-2015, 03:14 PM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]I just checked your profile and it says you're on an x86 version of windows... that being the case, you couldn't run the latest dev revisions even if you did install the libraries. But are you sure you're downloading the version that matches your architecture?

I'm actually running 64-bit Win7.
I've even tried installing both versions of the installer, 32-bit and 64. Nothing works.
Start > command prompt > run as administrator

chkdsk C: /r

Press Y, reboot.

Once you've rebooted, open command prompt again

sfc /scannow

reboot, try running the 64 bit installer again.
Pages: 1 2