Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Issue tracker question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everybody,

as you all know, Google Code is read-only now. But I don't understand how we should dicuss the issues now?
I read that you might move to GitHub. Will you do this soon or do you have other plans?
We're not moving to GitHub. The plan is to move to Redmine, and it will hopefully be done soon.
Actually Redmine is OK if You don't want to make it plugin filled, scrum ready Jira clone Smile
And here I was already hoping that we'd finally have everything at one place like it used to be. Then again, I have no idea how Redmine works, so we'll see. I'd have prefered the bug tracker to be on Github though :C
Github issue tracker lacks prioritizing, sorting etc as far as I know.
You can apply tags which do more or less the same
Another problem with GitHub is that the same permissions apply to the code and issues, so someone who manages issues would also need to be able to push commits directly. It's possible to make a separate repo to get around this, but then it's not in one place anymore, is it? There were more things that people disliked, but I think I'll leave that for them to talk about if they want to. I don't have many issue tracker opinions myself, but from what I've heard from them about GitHub's issue tracker, I can agree that it's not ideal.
Actually i Like Jira, but I don't know if it fits opensource budget (maybe for OpenSource they provide free version?).
It has nice github integration - if You push commit/branch with ISSUE number then it will be pinned/mentioned in Jira issue autmatically (so it's easy to track commit from Jira and make code review etc).
Can you roughly say when you are going to move the issues tracker or is this too early now?
Jira doesn't seem to support open source but I googled and found Atlassian. It seems to be
the open source version of Jira. But if you would use a proprietary tracker, would all users have to
pay for an account? I wouldn't like this idea.
Atlassian is company which created Jira, and few other nice apps like Hipchat, Bamboo (Hudson/Jenkins replacement) or ConfluenceSmile

https://www.atlassian.com/software/views...se-request

If I would have a choice I think that Jira is lot better than Redmine (I'm using both in my work). Jira is supporting SCRUM/AGILE futures ootb, where Redmine needs plugins (not ideal) for it. But I dunno if Dolphin devs are working in Scrum/Agile... I think that's more like kanban.

If You will be able to get Atlassian stack for free, then You should aim for Jira, Bamboo (I don't know what is building Dolphin now) and Hipchat for "regular" devs. Confluence isn't so important (it's like devs wiki).
Pages: 1 2