Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: This config can run well some games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Edulink

AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz + GTX 960 + 8 GB ram, it should be fine or it sucks ?
Thanks  Huh
I have a pretty similar CPU : AMD A10 6790k @ 5.0GHz
Since Dolphin is a dual core application and AMD is bad at single threaded performance , your 8350's performance will be like half of Haswell i3/i5/i7
But Dolphin has gotten faster than before. So 8350 can play many games well if you overclock

Edulink

omg, amd sucks, but i no have choice, intel is too expensive !
Well there's a couple of things you could do
1) Downgrade to GTX 750 ti graphics card and get an intel chip (dolphin doesn't need a stellar GPU anyways)
2) Get Pentium G3258 CPU instead (much cheaper dual core but very fast single thread performance, plus unlocked, compares to haswell chips when OC'd)
(08-13-2015, 10:45 AM)Edulink Wrote: [ -> ]omg, amd sucks, but i no have choice, intel is too expensive !

Intel really isn't that expensive for $250 you can get a nice i5 that is easily better than the 8350.  
Thats still a good deal more expensive than 8350
A Pentium G3258 is $100 cheaper than the FX-8350 ($70 vs $170) and it's considerably faster in Dolphin and other games! And the G3258 can overclock extremely well even on the stock cooler, providing a haswell at 4.2ghz with stock cooling for even MORE speed! It's an amazing little chip. Big Grin

EDIT: I want to show just how much better the G3528 is in the Dolphin Benchmark!
  • In this benchmark, the FX-8350 running at 5ghz (overclocked) scored 10 minutes and 43 seconds.
  • The G3528 came out after the benchmark concluded, but users tested it. A G3528 running at 4.5ghz (overclocked) got a score of 6 minutes and 49 seconds.

Running at 500mhz less, a quarter of the cores, and $100 less, the G3528 is not only faster, it is MUCH faster! That is the power of IPC!