Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Windows 10 Issue - Fix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
For those of you whom are getting majorly frustrated that Dolphin won't work with Windows 10 even with several suggestions from other members, I'd like to inform you that I figured out how to revert back to whatever OS you had prior to the Windows 10 upgrade.

Click the start menu, go into settings, updates & security, recovery and there should be an area on that page that will let you go back to your previous OS.

I did this today, reverted back to Windows 7 and Dolphin is running absolutely perfect. ^.^
Could you please elaborate? Despite the native GC adapter bug (which is fixed simply by reinstalling the required drivers), Dolphin has no issues with Windows 10, at least from my testings here...
I've heard of one case where someone was playing through Steam's overlay, and that had worked in 8.1, but broke in 10, but it was a known issue that the overlay could cause problems on some machines.
I've heard of flat out crashing in 10.
Every single time I had attempted to play Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life since upgrading to Windows 10, dolphin would crash about 5 minutes into playing. I had tried every suggestion that I found in this forum. (Including trying several different versions of dolphin, updating drivers, using different backends, etc. Nothing worked until I reverted back to Windows 7. Dolphin is now running flawlessly, without any lag at all.
You have an Intel HD graphics card too... I keep seeing people on Windows 10 who crash with Intel HDs :/ Not sure if there's really a connection here but...
So the Windows 10 - fix suggestion is to revert back to your original OS.  That's funny
Here it basically freezes the PC when I go fullscreen, I can do Alt Enter to go back to windows and that is it, but I get a black screen with a small corner beign occupied with the game window then. Only way to get out of it is to press power button to put pc to sleep then back on to get back into windows.
I don't get why everyone is just jumping on to Windows 10 without waiting for people to make things more stable/compatible, especially since there's nothing wrong with Windows 7.
I agree.  Nothing wrong with my Win 7 x64 Pro.  I have no interest in upgrading to 10.  But there are a lot of people that want to get the latest & "greatest" thing out there.  Just don't complain when things don't work on it
Pages: 1 2 3