Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Do the latest emulators cause fps slows for games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have the 5.0-rc-1 version and I was playing Twilight Princess (GC) probably all day and the fps was fine. In graphics settings, the backened setting was on Direct3D and the adapter is on Nvidia GeForce GT 740M.

I reached the stage where you obtain the second Fused Shadow and then I head out to Hyrule Field. Next thing you know, the fps starts to slow. Is this because the laptop heating up and also from playing everyday? Does the version of Dolphin I currently use cause this fps slow?
Enable the Hyrule Field Speed Hack in the game properties to get a big speed improvement for this part of the game. (Earlier versions of Dolphin also used a hack for this, but it worked differently.)
(08-08-2015, 07:52 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Enable the Hyrule Field Speed Hack in the game properties to get a big speed improvement for this part of the game. (Earlier versions of Dolphin also used a hack for this, but it worked differently.)

Where is this setting exactly?
Right click Twilight Princess in the game list -> Properties -> Patches -> Check "Hyrule Field Speed Hack". I'm not sure if cheats need to be on for it to work, so maybe you should go to Config -> Check "Enable Cheats" as a precaution.
(08-09-2015, 09:45 AM)OatmealDome Wrote: [ -> ]Right click Twilight Princess in the game list -> Properties -> Patches -> Check "Hyrule Field Speed Hack". I'm not sure if cheats need to be on for it to work, so maybe you should go to Config -> Check "Enable Cheats" as a precaution.

The problem is, where is this games list, I always have to click open to find the games.
open the folder containing the game in the "open" thingy
(08-09-2015, 10:20 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]open the folder containing the game in the "open" thingy

Ok I went to open on Dolphin and opened the folder containing the iso now what?
it should be in your games list, follow the other guys instructions
Uhh.. Not entirely sure where you currently are. You would go to Config -> Paths -> Add and select the folder where your ISOs are. Then they should show up in the games list.
(08-09-2015, 10:23 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]it should be in your games list, follow the other guys instructions

Sorry guys, I'm getting a little confused here.

I open the Dolphin emulator, then I click open and then I search the folder that has the iso in it. Then I open the file and it starts the emulation. So I'm not really sure what to do from there and I can't find any place to right click the game nor do I know how to find the game properties. If I look for the iso from the browse option, and when I go to that same folder with the iso in it, there's nothing there.
Pages: 1 2