Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Fuzzy Gamecube Graphics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, as the subject suggest, I'm having issues with my graphics on most gamecube games. Title screens tend to look sharp and clear, while actual gameplay is extremely fuzzy. I might be wrong, but is the native resolution of these games 640*480? If so, perhaps my only issue is that my internal resolution doesn't have an option to be set that low. If that is my only issue, could someone direct me to a version of Dolphin that runs 480? If there's more to it than that, what am I missing? I'll keep reading around here in the meantime, but any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Pictures of what you're talking about?
My apologies! I should have thought to do that in the first place!

[Image: d1TM7FY.jpg]

[Image: 3mngToT.png]

[Image: UeIoPR8.png]
I should note that selecting Native is visibly the most unpleasant, but I notice no real difference between any of the rest other than screen size. I've also noticed the same blurriness when running Mario Sunshine and Twilight Princess, to name a few.
post the rest of your grpahics tab in dolphin? I don't think its suposed to be that bad....
Did you check for a graphics driver update?
[Image: hFFwvbf.png]
And yes there's a new driver for my video card available, but I've kept it up to date regardless. I've attempted playing with some of the other settings, but nothing has seemed to change anything. I'm basically running the emulator with its default settings.
Switch to the OpenGL backend and see if that fixes it.
That didn't make any difference, I'm afraid. What's strange is that during the title screen there's an in-game enemy that will come on screen, and it looks clear as day. Yet when I see the same thing during gameplay, it's back to being just as blurry.
Don't .5 resolutions tend to cause graphical problems...? In fact, there's a PR open right now to add warning text saying that it may be glitchy (originally it was supposed to remove them completely)
Pages: 1 2