Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Fuzzy Gamecube Graphics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do I remember reading recently (perhaps in a progress report?) that certain kinds of EFB copies or something can't be scaled and will always look like they do at 1x IR? Maybe Pikmin 2 uses those unscaleable effects a lot?
(07-17-2015, 07:44 AM)OatmealDome Wrote: [ -> ]Don't .5 resolutions tend to cause graphical problems...? In fact, there's a PR open right now to add warning text saying that it may be glitchy (originally it was supposed to remove them completely)

Any of the resolution options yield the same appearance.

(07-17-2015, 07:47 AM)Aleron Ives Wrote: [ -> ]Do I remember reading recently (perhaps in a progress report?) that certain kinds of EFB copies or something can't be scaled and will always look like they do at 1x IR? Maybe Pikmin 2 uses those unscaleable effects a lot?

I suppose it's possible, but would it just be coincidence for Mario Sunshine and Twilight Princess to have the same "issue" ?
I don't think that this is a bug in Dolphin but maybe you could try an older version (like latest stable, 4.0.2) and see if the issue is still present?
As an update, it seems all of my Gamecube games are running this way.
(07-17-2015, 08:04 AM)OatmealDome Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think that this is a bug in Dolphin but maybe you could try an older version (like latest stable, 4.0.2) and see if the issue is still present?

That's certainly a good idea, I'll update shortly with the results of that.
So uh... facepalms are more than welcome here. It seems in my haste, noticing the clear graphics of a title screen, transitioning to the blur of a demo... I neglected to actually load a file and try it out. And wouldn't you know it, the games are as clear as the title screen, which leaves me curious as to why a demo or cutscene would look so poor. But alas...

[Image: uC7BGFp.jpg]

Go easy on me, folks! Big Grin Angel
Ah, okay. I actually thought about that since I read something about a beta Pikmin demo movie on tcrf, but then thought maybe not and it's just an input recording. Some demos and FMV cutscenes are just videos that are rendered at 640*480, and there's no way to upscale that content.
Pages: 1 2