Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Support Raspberry Pi [ARM Chipset]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi community! I want than Dolphin Project add support for ARM chipset for the future RaspBerry Pi can run GameCube roms and it integrated on EmulationStation Smile

I think than RaspBerry Pi 2 need 2-3GB ram for run ok. What do you think?
Out of the question. Raspberry Pi is to slow to run Dolphin. And plus it doesn't even support it. Sorry... 
Here is a link for the requirements to run Dolphin. https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/
Not only is it slow, it doesn't even support it.
Last time I checked my Pi2 struggled with some N64 Games - don't think it makes any sense to support it for now
I love this thread.
I'm still missing some rents on this topic <3

We don't support the CPU of the RaspBerry Pi, we need ARMv8, the newer one only supports ARMv7, the older one only ARMv6.
We don't support the GPU of it. We need _at least_ OpenGL ES 3.0, no chance to get it working on OpenGL ES 2.0.

We don't support anything on the RaspBerry Pi, neither the new one nor the old one.
@helios747 - That comment added nothing to this discussion :/ Please refrain from posting unless it has to do with the topic.

Anyway, doesn't Dolphin have a generic build? It should run the interpreter and software render just fine on the RPi and RPi2. By "fine" I mean you'll be measuring things in Frames Per Day, probably. It'll still run, just painfully slow, like time itself stopped.
Yeah, generic build may work "fine". But try to not use our software renderer, just use a software OpenGL3 implementation, eg llvmpipe. Hopefully, they have a fine ARMv7 backend Wink
I have a Raspberry Pi 2 right now running Ubuntu MATE. How would I go about testing that?
(07-17-2015, 05:46 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Raspberry Pi 2 right now running Ubuntu MATE. How would I go about testing that?

The Raspberry Pi 3 is out now with abd Arm11 Cpu and Supports Opengl ES 3.0

SOMEBODY MAKE THIS PORT HAPPEN!! I know we can do it if we stop making excuses. As yoda said, there is no try, there is either do or do not.
Pages: 1 2