Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New Hotkey shortcuts hard to use for TAS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I wanted to mention on this forum that a few revisions ago the Dolphin team deleted the tab under options called "Key Shortcuts" and put everything under the new "Hotkey Settings" ([color=#428bca]4.0-6612[/color][color=#428bca] [/color][color=#333333]says they changed the GUI, so I assume that's when it happened) [/color]The Hotkey settings in particular with the frame advance is very slow. Whenever I put in an input, it takes at least a second to register, which is inconvenient for those who want to do frame by frame TAS videos. In the past, I used the Key Shortcuts tab for frame advance, and it worked perfectly, absolutely no lag. I don't know if there is anyway to put the Key Shortcuts tab back in, or somehow make the frame advance faster. I also noticed weird audio cuts and sporadic pausing and unpausing when using the hotkeys for pause. Does anyone else have this issue?
The old hotkey settings were removed because they were limited. I'll check it out and see if I can reproduce an issue with some hotkeys.
The new hotkeys tried to load a savestate for me a few times already, always when pressing alt f5 to reconnect my wiimote.
Frame advance works fine here, no issues whatsoever with it lagging or anything.
(06-18-2015, 03:57 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Frame advance works fine here, no issues whatsoever with it lagging or anything
I think it might be the controller input along with the frame advance that's slow. Whenever I push and hold down a button on the controller, and then frame advance, it doesn't register if I don't wait at least a second before I press the frame advance. It might actually be the controller input that's the problem, I'm using the Wii U gamecube adapter with a GC controller. I just tested normal keyboard input and input from the adapter with direct connect, and with the keyboard it works fine.
Did you reinitialize the defaults for the new hotkeys?
gamerfreak5665: Sounds like we may miss to update this adapter often while paused. So common gamepads are fine, only the original GC controller are affected?

Frame advance is one of the few hotkeys which are only used while the game isn't running :/
btw, were you able to use your gamepad for hotkeys in the old dialog? So it's not a regression, it's a broken new feature Big Grin
On the old version, the frame advance in the "Hotkey settings" didn't work for me at all. The one on "Menu accelerators" did though.
(06-19-2015, 04:44 PM)degasus Wrote: [ -> ]gamerfreak5665: Sounds like we may miss to update this adapter often while paused. So common gamepads are fine, only the original GC controller are affected?

Frame advance is one of the few hotkeys which are only used while the game isn't running :/
btw, were you able to use your gamepad for hotkeys in the old dialog? So it's not a regression, it's a broken new feature Big Grin

Actually, I tested it just now, and it's a problem for any input, keyboard, gamepad, and gc controller. 
The best way I can describe it, is input is just not as fast as the previous frame advance. It really isn't a big deal though because it works fine, but I think it may have to do with allowing more than 2 or 3 buttons being pressed at the same time for hotkeys. 
Also, I never used the gamepad for hotkeys before, so can't comment on that.
By the way, how shall "frame advance" work? One frame per key press, or running while pressed?
Pages: 1 2