Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Memory Card Malfunction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
At this point in time, I've been trying to fix whatever's wrong with the memory card that somehow keeps me from being able to save three separate games:

1) Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
2) Paper Mario: The thousand year door
3) Zelda WindWaker

All of which have said that the memory card needs to be formatted, when I try to tell it to format, it says data can't be saved, repeats.
I've looked this up, found several different "fixes" (Deleting the .ini, deleting the memory cards, moving the memory cards to other places, etc. etc.). None have worked. I've attempted uninstalling, reinstalling, repeating everything that everyone says should fix it, and none of it has done jack squat.

At the current point in time, I've moved the memory card to a different folder, but Dolphin simply will not make another one when I try to save a game, and moving it back just reintroduces the original error. (Moving the card away simply says there's no save data on the card, when I tell it to make a save data, the games simply tell me I will not be able to save, ask if that's okay, answer yes, it just repeats again).

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
was this acutely onset or have you just never been able to save?
(06-16-2015, 06:24 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]was this acutely onset or have you just never been able to save?

I just downloaded it recently, these are the only three I've tried to save with and so far none have been able to.
ok. go to the Dolphin Emu folder in your Documents (it will be separate from the one you launch dolphin from), go to GC and see if there is a file called MemoryCardA.(your reigon, USA, JAP or EUR).RAW. if there isn't one, make it corresponding to the format I just gave
(06-16-2015, 06:31 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]ok. go to the Dolphin Emu folder in your Documents (it will be separate from the one you launch dolphin from), go to GC and see if there is a file called MemoryCardA.(your reigon, USA, JAP or EUR).RAW. if there isn't one, make it corresponding to the format I just gave

There is, I've been moving it/replacing it (at other people's suggestion when I looked up the issue prior to coming here). While it's there, the errors the game output says that the memory card is corrupted and needs to be formatted, when it's not there, that error goes away, and the games simply ask to make save data, but don't actually do so when I tell them to, just tell me I won't be able to save, then put me back on the title menu.
try deleting all of your dolphin folders (the one in documents and the one you launch from) and re-download the latest version. if that doesn't work then idk, just use save states for now
(06-16-2015, 06:36 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]try deleting all of your dolphin folders (the one in documents and the one you launch from) and re-download the latest version. if that doesn't work then idk, just use save states for now

This created an issue where when I reinstalled it, it didn't come with a memory card at all. It generated the SRAM, but not the MemoryCardA.USA, and trying to simply make the file and allocate it myself through Dolphin it just says that the file is not large enough to be a gamecube memory file.
yeah, it doesn't make it until you start playing. it will work on its own, stop tinkering
(06-16-2015, 06:47 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, it doesn't make it until you start playing. it will work on its own, stop tinkering

Except that when I try to play, it doesn't generate one either. Games prompt me to make a save, I tell them yes, they tell me they can't save, and the file is never made.
are you using the latest development version (4.0-6xxx)
Pages: 1 2