Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Dolphin keeps crashing on my laptop. The only game I'm trying to play is Mario Party 4, and it will let me open Dolphin, but it won't let me play the game when it let me play it 20 minutes ago.
So does it crash when you try to load the game?
(06-09-2015, 11:24 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]So does it crash when you try to load the game?

Yes. The dolphin application will open, but I'll double click the game, it'll pop up with a small black screen for about 3 seconds and then say "Dolphin.exe has stopped working"
does this happen with more than one game?

YouOtterBe

(06-10-2015, 06:21 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]does this happen with more than one game?

I don't know about OP, but I had a similar "it worked once and not again" happen with each of my games. I booted each of them up quickly to see if they worked, then stopped them, and now none of them will open. It just plain crashes. I wonder if there's a cache or something?
I notice both of you are using Intel HD graphics... YouOtterBe's suggestion that it may be a cache issue helped me remember that there's a bug with intel's drivers or something and it's probably crashing when loading the shadercache. You can delete the folder "Documents/Dolphin Emulator/ShaderCache" then launch the game or use the D3D backend.

Source
(06-10-2015, 06:21 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]does this happen with more than one game?

heh..I only have one game >_>

I was actually playing the game for like, an hour, then tried Netplay with my best friend and it worked for 5 minutes then crashed. Now it refuses to open lol. But I'll try deleting the folder, OatmealDome.
(06-10-2015, 12:17 PM)OatmealDome Wrote: [ -> ]I notice both of you are using Intel HD graphics... YouOtterBe's suggestion that it may be a cache issue helped me remember that there's a bug with intel's drivers or something and it's probably crashing when loading the shadercache. You can delete the folder "Documents/Dolphin Emulator/ShaderCache" then launch the game or use the D3D backend.

Source

YES! It worked! Thank you sososososososo much, man!

YouOtterBe

(06-10-2015, 12:17 PM)OatmealDome Wrote: [ -> ]I notice both of you are using Intel HD graphics... YouOtterBe's suggestion that it may be a cache issue helped me remember that there's a bug with intel's drivers or something and it's probably crashing when loading the shadercache. You can delete the folder "Documents/Dolphin Emulator/ShaderCache" then launch the game or use the D3D backend.

Source

The D3D backend worked for me! Thank you so much!
noted - intel's graphic drivers suck
Pages: 1 2 3