Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(06-11-2015, 07:43 AM)YouOtterBe Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-10-2015, 12:17 PM)OatmealDome Wrote: [ -> ]I notice both of you are using Intel HD graphics... YouOtterBe's suggestion that it may be a cache issue helped me remember that there's a bug with intel's drivers or something and it's probably crashing when loading the shadercache. You can delete the folder "Documents/Dolphin Emulator/ShaderCache" then launch the game or use the D3D backend.

Source

The D3D backend worked for me! Thank you so much!

Yeah, I deleted the ShaderCache folder. I'll just have to delete the folder every time I play lol.
(fyi, a pull request was opened to disable the shader cache on Intel graphics cards, but apparently some drivers don't crash Dolphin when loading the cache. hopefully won't delay the pr from being merged for too long...)
@Janina: Which GPU driver version have you installed? Did you try if a new one is available?
(06-12-2015, 01:01 AM)degasus Wrote: [ -> ]@Janina: Which GPU driver version have you installed? Did you try if a new one is available?

Attached is a screenshot of my gpu info.
it doesn't seem like you've updated your graphics drivers in awhile. go to the intel website and look for HD 4400 drivers
(06-12-2015, 04:29 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]it doesn't seem like you've updated your graphics drivers in awhile. go to the intel website and look for HD 4400 drivers

Pardon the interruption, do you mean that besides having Nvidia auto update drivers, you also have to update Intel's drivers as well? I thought Nvidia drivers would suffice.
@cyrax33: On optimus laptops, you have to update both.
aside from specifics, there's no harm in checking for drivers to update anyways
@Janina: So did upgrading your driver fix this crash?
(06-12-2015, 05:40 PM)degasus Wrote: [ -> ]@Janina: So did upgrading your driver fix this crash?

I dunno yet. I'm just now getting around to checking my email and I saw the reply. I'm currently downloading the Intel Driver Update Utility.
Pages: 1 2 3