Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: FPS Drops on almost every game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello there.

Like the description above said, I have problems with almost every compatible game.
Almost every game drops from the full speed rate to 2-3 fps lower.
Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 do it as good as every minute.
Maybe it could be shader cache stuttering, but it happens to frequently.
Currently I am using the 4.0 - 6620 revision.
I hope that someone could give me an advice.

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i5 4690k OC @4.4GHz
GPU: MSI GTX 980
Ram: 16GB DDR3
is it an overheating issue? check your CPU temps before playing and then while playing.
(06-08-2015, 07:10 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]is it an overheating issue? check your CPU temps before playing and then while playing.

No, I already checked that.
I am using the right settings.
Maybe it could be the revision, but I already tried other revisions too.
Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 get also fps drops to 50 fps and lower if to many things happen on the screen.
Could my CPU be a bit to slow ?
Is Anti-Aliasing on? Are you using OpenGL or Direct3D as the renderer? What are your options here?

Each game has its own options to run optimally. I'm not experiencing stutter and SMG 1&2 run at full speed for me almost 100%.

Also, no. Your CPU is not the issue. I was running a 4670k @4.4GHz and experienced little to no stutter.
(06-08-2015, 07:25 AM)WGI-M Wrote: [ -> ]Is Anti-Aliasing on? Are you using OpenGL as the renderer? What are your options here?

I am using:

Direct 3D
IR: 4xNative (2560x2112)
AA: None
AF: 16
Safe to texture only: on

DSP-LLE
(06-08-2015, 07:28 AM)supermario1995 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2015, 07:25 AM)WGI-M Wrote: [ -> ]Is Anti-Aliasing on? Are you using OpenGL as the renderer? What are your options here?

I am using:

Direct 3D

DSP-LLE

I'd say try OpenGL. I've found that it runs better for me than Direct3D. Using a GTX 970 paired with an i7-4790k..

Also, play around in the hacks tab. You may see some performance increase. 
(06-08-2015, 07:32 AM)WGI-M Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2015, 07:28 AM)supermario1995 Wrote: [ -> ]

I am using:

Direct 3D

DSP-LLE

I'd say try OpenGL. I've found that it runs better for me than Direct3D. Using a GTX 970 paired with an i7-4790k..

Also, play around in the hacks tab. You may see some performance increase. 
Opengl seems to stutter alot, well maybe it is caused by the shader cache.
I will try it further.
I should try that, maybe it will solve this problem.
yeah, that's probably not going to solve his problem whatsoever. please read the thread more carefully. his specs are more than adequate for doing what he is trying to do, and the way i understand it his game is consistently dropping FPS, as in, getting slower and slower.

although, i guess i've been wrong before
(06-08-2015, 07:38 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, that's not going to solve his problem whatsoever. please read the thread more carefully. his specs are more than adequate for doing what he is trying to do, and the way i understand it his game is consistently dropping FPS, as in, getting slower and slower.

Ya don't say? I'm not blind.

These are legitimate suggestions. The only other thing I can think of is a reinstallation of his graphic drivers.

Please, though.. Since you clearly know so much, suggest something that will fix his issue?
spitballing generic advice =/= being helpful. i've never encountered this problem outside of overheating, so i don't know.

how long have you been using dolphin? you say you're encountering the problem in 4.0-6620, have you used older revisions? is this a new problem with the latest master releases?
Pages: 1 2