Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: PJ64 and Dolphin on televions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was thinking if someday it would be possible to use emulators on televisions?

I have a 46" smart tv and a denon soundbar so playing N64 and NGC games with HD graphics on my setup would be pretty interesting.
Just connect your computer to your TV with a HDMI cable.
Playing console games on a TV? That's crazy talk!
It's possible, I'm doing it right now. Looks great. Smile
(06-06-2015, 11:47 PM)Jay94 Wrote: [ -> ]Just connect your computer to your TV with a HDMI cable.

My computer is located in my bedroom and my tv is in my living room so that is not an option.
Your kidding me right, you have some options here:

You can either get a laptop and go mobile with HDMI like me or,
Use steam in-home streaming and stream it to your tv or,
Propose an idea of adding Chromecast support to Dolphin or,
get a long ass HDMI cable.
So emuguy, you want to run Dolphin on your tv? Umm, yeah, not going to happen anytime soon.

Get long hdmi and usb cables. 10m works, i can confirm that, not sure if longer cables actually work.
He does have a point :

- My laptop is not powerful enough to run every game at full speed, and don't even think about more than 1xIR and antialiasing stuff.
- I don't have money to spend on a new laptop right now.
- Steam Streaming is not so great, my desktop PC is far away from my connexion so I have not choice but to use WiFi n , and it's always a pain in the ass to setup all the cables when ports are not easy to reach. (I have to unplug my PS3 HDMI cable because my TV don't have enough ports, etc...)
- A HDMI cable, even very long, is not possible due to the my house architecture (different floors).

But I'm not complaining, Dolphin on Android (and Android TV) is still very experimental. Maybe one day Smile But not tomorrow.
(06-07-2015, 08:45 PM)emuguy Wrote: [ -> ]My computer is located in my bedroom and my tv is in my living room so that is not an option.

wait, so you want to run dolphin on...your TV, as in not with a computer. like, with only TV display hardware

what
If you have a tv that has VGA/HDMI ports than you can play Dolphin on a TV. Distance limitations is something you have to figure out yourself since your setup is unique to you. My PC is right next to my 32" LED TV that has a 5.1 surround sound setup. Can use my dolphin bar and play dolphin wise ease. So to answer your question yes, playing Dolphin on a tv is a possibility.

So either move your TV (or PC), get some long ass cables (or stream), or just deal with not playing on your TV. Most TVs now are basically monitors anyways and vice versa.
Pages: 1 2 3