Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Getting some slowdowns in Melee, Brawl, Project M (need help with netplay)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey dolphin users,

sometimes when playing these games the game drops to about 40 fps (down from 60fps from the regular)
This makes it quite hard to play netplay with other people.

I've tried messing with the settings, turning IR down, turning Vsync on and off,
Turning IR down or up doesn't seem to change much, neither does vsync.
I haven't changed AA or anisotropic filtering from the default.

Here's hoping someone can help me out.
I'm not running any other cpu or gpu intensive applications while running dolphin.

Specs:
Build used: 4.0-6554
CPU: Intel i5 3570k (3.40 ghz stock speed, haven't gotten around to overclocking it yet)
GPU: AMD radeon HD7950
Mobo: Asus Maximus V Gene
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 [pc3-10600]
(it's probably b/c you're using a super old build)
update to the latest dev version
He says he's using 4.0-6554 in the post.

@OP: overclock your CPU for free seed boost
oops! sorry, i took it from his profile
I'm doubtful that he needs to overclock, his hardware is more than capable (those are lightweight games). Are you sure these slowdowns aren't due to your ping when Netplaying? Do the frame drops happen offline? If no, you may have to just increase the buffer for Netplay.
The frame drops do happen a bit offline

It seems to only happen on a few stages where it sometimes dips to about 50-ish fps
on most stages it runs about 60fps but sometimes it does drop to 55-60fps

I don't think it's the buffer, it's definitely something else

Haven't really had time to attempt the overclock yet, will report back later

OpeThO

I have a similar problem, after 4-5 games in Project M or Melee it gets really lagged.. and i used to play for hours (i play offline only)
So it took me a while to get to work on this.

I overclocked my cpu to 4.5 GHZ
Updated my gpu (HD radeon 7950) driver to the latest

I was still getting the slowdowns so I asked for some advice on smashladder.com

They told me to switch to the D3D backend, but I got an error, after googling the error I found a means to fix it.
I'm not seeing any performance improvements.

It doesn't seem to matter if I use 1x IR or a higher IR, I'm getting the same slowdowns (I'm trying to get 3x IR because my setup should run it EASILY), at this point I don't know what to do anymore.
Any help on this problem would be appreciated.
Whats the md5 sum?
d18726e6dfdc8bdbdad540b561051087 - Brawl
0e63d4223b01d9aba596259dc155a174 - Melee

Can't test Project M atm because I only have a 3.5 build available to me as of right now, will see if I can get 3.6 built this weekend.
Pages: 1 2