Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Custom textures newest dolphin emu.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I tried googling got this page

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t..._Directory

But I don't get this part

Double click the "UserConfigPath" value and an Edit String dialog appears. Under "Value Data", enter the path to the custom User directory. Make sure that you include "User" in it, since it will assume whatever path it is directed to is the User folder. If you point it to the Desktop for example, you will have a very messy situation.

sorry for a newb question.
You're trying to load custom textures? Or are you trying to set a custom directory for the textures to be loaded from?

The first ones easy, put that folder with the random numbers and letters into My Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Load\Textures

As for the second one if that's what you intend, I don't know, but I would be interested in knowing as well since I have my documents folder on my hard drive to save space on my SSD, though I feel performance might benefit from textures loading from an SSD.
I am trying to load custom textures in resident evil 2 but the user file is missing like the previous versions.
I tried putting ghae08 file in the load/ textures but it did not work. and I enabled custom textures
(05-04-2015, 10:39 AM)xcaliber81 Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying to load custom textures in resident evil 2 but the user file is missing like the previous versions.

You're saying you don't have a "Dolphin Emulator" folder in your documents folder? Huh
(05-04-2015, 10:41 AM)sunnaryt Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-04-2015, 10:39 AM)xcaliber81 Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying to load custom textures in resident evil 2 but the user file is missing like the previous versions.

You're saying you don't have a "Dolphin Emulator" folder in your documents folder? Huh

yes I do, but I tried putting the textures pack in there but it did not work so I must have not done it right.
(05-04-2015, 10:41 AM)xcaliber81 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried putting ghae08 file in the load/ textures but it did not work. and I enabled custom textures

Right click the game in Dolphin main window and click "Properties", then go to the info tab, does the "Game ID" field read GHAE08 or something else? If it's something else, there's your problem, you're probably using the wrong region version.

edit: if you don't know what I'm saying, GHAE08 is the NTSC-U game ID, that means the US version of the game, if you're using a PAL version (the european version), the textures won't load due to it looking for custom textures in a folder that matches the PAL game ID "GHAP08"
GHAE08
(05-04-2015, 10:46 AM)xcaliber81 Wrote: [ -> ]GHAE08

Really? That is strange, have you tried another build of Dolphin?
If you feel like, you can try to change the folder name and any instances of GHAE08 to GHAP08, just to see if it works. That's what I'd do anyway. I really don't understand why that would happen.
Pages: 1 2