Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Ok....I swear my specs are good enough to get more than 20-25 FPS!!!...please help me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i've been at this all day......now i went through different builds of dolphin and some give me better speeds than other(actually the older versions are better for me which makes me wonder if im doing something wrong here), but i keep reading about this Frameskipper and WatchDog and i can't seem to find them..can anybody help me located them on the emulator..because i must be blindCool also here are my specs of my computer.....Processor-Intel® Core 2 Duo E7200, 2.53GHz, Video card- ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO, RAM- 3.00GB

PLEASE anybody help me....Sad

Thanks in advance
What is the game and the rev of Dolphin that you have ?

and yes, your proccessor is fine ( It's better than mine ¬¬ )
Your video card is the culprit, and yes, frameskipper and watchdog will give you better speeds.
And update revisions to the latest, you'll get better framerates/results with both video plugins.
AHHHHH I KNEW IT lol......... but one thing I wanna say before i continue is cacoFFF your pikachu pic is amazing!!! i laugh every time i see it...and I'm trying too find frameskipper and watchdog but i don't know where it exactly is??...but I'm also trying 2 run Tatsunoko VS Capcom.....but only get 20-25fps
it's not the videocard. It's the cpu. Even though it's conroe, it's low clockspeed makes it.... slow.
really?? So the video card is fine...i just need a newer processor???
not a new one. Just overclock it. Dolphin doesn't really care for the videocard as long as it has the extensions it requires.

Ki-Saru

(09-05-2009, 12:21 PM)CacoFFF Wrote: [ -> ]Your video card is the culprit, and yes, frameskipper and watchdog will give you better speeds.
And update revisions to the latest, you'll get better framerates/results with both video plugins.

what does watchdog do?.....i wish these things had descriptions lol
Some game give me 20+ fps. Some give me more, games like zelda TP slows down a bit but varies in areas with the fps. And I got a quad core 2.20 ghz and 5 gbs of ram. I am guessing the video card isn't helping too much because it's an on board 256 mb card. SOme games though like smash brothers, mario kard double dash, and viewtiful joe get some very good frame rates. I use the latest r4203.
Tatsunoko vs Capcom will benefit from Watchdog, try setting it to 15 when playing THAT game, the other 95% games around there will have negative effects (60 is default, what you should use for other games).

It is in the main Dolphin options, probably one of the first options you'll notice in the config window.

Watchdog will only appear if you downloaded a build from Orleans, or patched it yourself when compiling it
Pages: 1 2