Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Any Good Games out there?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Are there any good games for dolphin to put on there?

I already have Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 and I have Brawl, are there any more good games? Huh

Thanks Big Grin
Nope, not that i know of. Those 3 games is all there is for gamecube, wii, wiiware and virtual console i am afraid. I play them repeatedly again and again in dolphin for the last 5 years. Fun times.
Link is just kidding. There are like, 4. Those and the home menu.
(04-05-2015, 05:59 AM)WiiEmulatedGamer Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any good games for dolphin to put on there?

I already have Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 and I have Brawl

I have to agree with Link_to_the_past. Nintendo only made 3 good games for the Wii, and people bought them by the millions billions.

Sarcasm aside, what genres do you like? Like to fight monsters? Solve puzzles? Want motion controls? If you don't tell us what you like, any suggestions you're going to get are going to be based on preferences of others.

Anyway, these are the games I played for the Wii a lot. Look them up and see if they float your boat:

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Mario Kart Wii
Xenoblade Chronicles (best JRPG I've played in the past decade, and I play a great deal of JRPGs)
The Last Story
New Super Mario Bros.
Metroid: Other M (ignore the story and you'll find yourself enjoying the game)
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
Pokemon Battle Revolution (okay, I play this via TwitchPlaysPokemon, but same difference, streamer's running Dolphin anyway)
Lost in Shadow

And others I can't remember.
Xenoblade is the best JRPG you've ever played? Better than Star Ocean 2? I might have to check it out.

But also, here are some of my preferences--

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. One of my favorite Wii games but the difficulty is unforgiving, would not suggest to someone who hasn't played strategy games before.
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. The prequel to Radiant Dawn for the Gamecube. Far easier than the latter, I would suggest playing this first.
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (and the rest of the series). These are OK games, I wasn't super impressed by them but I'm a hardcore FF fan and compared them to their kin. Good games nonetheless, they are an active time and open world battle RPGs.
Pokemon Colosseum/XD Gale of Darkness. Awesome games, especially if you like Pokemon. For the Gamecube.

Those are my favorite that I can list off the top of my head. As you can see, I like RPGs
I like Action/Adventure and fighting games.

New Super Mario Bros Wii Seems good though and Mario Kart Wii.

I am thinking about getting Super Mario Sunshine though.
(04-05-2015, 06:50 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]Xenoblade is the best JRPG you've ever played? Better than Star Ocean 2? I might have to check it out.

Yes, better than SO2. I played SO2 after XBC (Summer of '13 via Mednafen, PS version not PSP). I have to say, I wasn't very impressed. I'd heard all of the acclaim it got, but I personally didn't feel it was any better story-wise than SO1 (i.e. a bit of a mess, hard to initially follow w/o a wiki handy). Out of all the SO games, I liked SO3 the best. Even for all of its flaws in story, character design, and gameplay, I got a bigger kick out of SO4 than SO2. SO2 could never got me to break 100 hours, XBC, SO3, and SO4 all did that for me, easily. SO2 isn't a bad game; it's good, I enjoyed it, but I've played better (especially from Tri-Ace). Everyone has their favorites though; it's all subjective and relative. Anyway this is off-topic though. Feel free to continue discussion in Delfino Plaza (Random thread or make a new thread about JRPGs).

EDIT: @WiiEmulatedGamer - For some reason I thought you only wanted Wii games. What's wrong with me today :p

Gamecube games:
Star Fox: Assault
Ikaruga
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Tales of Symphonia
Bomberman Generations (if you like Bomberman games)
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Metroid Prime 1 & 2
Skies of Arcadia

Some of them are RPGs, but check them out anyway and see if they're your fancy Wink
Hey Shonumi, do you have a Wii U?
(04-05-2015, 07:03 AM)WiiEmulatedGamer Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Shonumi, do you have a Wii U?

Nope. I'm betting that the next Nintendo console will be backwards compatible, at which point I'll just buy that, then get Wii U games used. I'm more into my 3DS for the generation.
Oh, Well I have a Wii U. There is a lot of new games for the Wii U too.

The next Nintendo console is also codenamed the NX and I think it will have more powerful hardware this time around.
Pages: 1 2