Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Any Good Games out there?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ah, I am playing through SO2 for the millionth time ATM. I have good childhood memories w/ it. The story is definitely hard to follow if you haven't played both stories. Tons of replay value, though. I would suggest playing again and trying to get secret characters (Opera&Ernest, Precis, Ashton, Dias/Leon, Chisato) and do PA's in most towns at different points in the story.

For Action/Adventure, Crystal Chronicles might suit you, it's kind of a mix between that and RPG. Good RPG gateway, anyways. The Metroid game for the Gamecube is pretty good, although I've never finished it. Starfox is excellent. Sonic Adventure 1&2 are also good choices. You seem to like Mario games, so Luigi's Mansion could be good for you. I believe they have a few Spyro games for the gamecube/Wii, they are a solid choice, along with Crash Bandicoot games. Splinter Cell is for the Gamecube iirc, but then you are stepping in to shooter games.

For the Wii, there is a plethora of Sonic games (and Mario ones) if that's your thing. Monster Hunter Tri I've heard is good, never played it though.

That's all I can think of, you've tapped me for Action/Adventure.
(04-05-2015, 07:19 AM)WiiEmulatedGamer Wrote: [ -> ]There is a lot of new games for the Wii U too.

Unfortunately, there is none I want to play atm. Mario Kart and Smash Bros? As much as I love them, I can get my kicks from the 3DS versions. I'm not into the latest Kirby or Yoshi games either (and I'm a huge Kirby fan!) I want that new Zelda + Starfox game though. But if Nintendo really wanted to win me over, they'd make a new F-Zero game Big Grin

NKF98 Wrote:Ah, I am playing through SO2 for the millionth time ATM. I have good childhood memories w/ it. The story is definitely hard to follow if you haven't played both stories. Tons of replay value, though. I would suggest playing again and trying to get secret characters (Opera&Ernest, Precis, Ashton, Dias/Leon, Chisato) and do PA's in most towns at different points in the story.

Yeah I have good memories with SO3, and even though I see a lot of flaws with that game to this day, it was "the" game for me, until XBC dethroned it. Maybe I just hold every other game to too high a standard (based on nostalgia). Anyway, I've gotten a couple of those characters but, I dunno, I still can't get into that game as much as other SO games. Strangely enough, I think Star Ocean: Blue Sphere is more interesting. I've only read a bit through the intro (my Japanese is above rudimentay, but certainly not intermediate) and it seems pretty cool. Been meaning to play it earnestly for like 5 years now. And with that, I'm officially creating a JRPG thread in Delfino Plaza so we can talk about this kind of stuff properly -> https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-j-s-rpgs
Pages: 1 2