Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Netplay Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Ok. I'll get the latest dev version tomorrow and look up some guides.
Ok, we can plan more over PM

teders

So yesterday i tried connecting my laptop and desktop via netplay, to see if the cause of my lag was because of geolocation. I figured that maybe i had been playing against people who were too far away from me, and that was the cause of my lag. However, i was unable to connect my two machines via netplay, probably because they shared a public IP. so much for that experiment.

Im still noticing a degree of latency that is causing project m on netplay unplayable. My issue is not a processing lag due to computing performance, the game runs at a constant 60 fps, the issue is input latency. When looking for matches i try to play against people that are in the same timezone as me, and usually play people in the same state. Despite that, when i join a game my latency is around 110-130 ms, and when i host a game it is 0 ms, but the other persons latency is 110-130ms at which point we pad the buffer to 6-10.

When i play other games online (battlefield, wow, d3) i dont experience game-debilitating latency, though i know those are all server based games. I have verizon fios, and have tried connecting to my router via ethernet, yet the input latency is still there. I dont have anything else consuming bandwidth, and no one else is on the internet in my house.

Could someone please help me?
This is not the place to post issues or ask for support. Please make your own thread.

DubstepWub

Anyone want to play some Suoer Mario Strikers? Roughly within the next 8 hours from this post time.

Gunz1980

If anyone wants to play Netplay please hit me up on skype at gunzblazin305... I'm looking to setup Soul Calibur 2 matches and other games as well. Thank you!
(04-09-2015, 11:17 PM)teders Wrote: [ -> ]So yesterday i tried connecting my laptop and desktop via netplay, to see if the cause of my lag was because of geolocation. I figured that maybe i had been playing against people who were too far away from me, and that was the cause of my lag. However, i was unable to connect my two machines via netplay, probably because they shared a public IP. so much for that experiment.

Im still noticing a degree of latency that is causing project m on netplay unplayable. My issue is not a processing lag due to computing performance, the game runs at a constant 60 fps, the issue is input latency. When looking for matches i try to play against people that are in the same timezone as me, and usually play people in the same state. Despite that, when i join a game my latency is around 110-130 ms, and when i host a game it is 0 ms, but the other persons latency is 110-130ms at which point we pad the buffer to 6-10.

When i play other games online (battlefield, wow, d3) i dont experience game-debilitating latency, though i know those are all server based games. I have verizon fios, and have tried connecting to my router via ethernet, yet the input latency is still there. I dont have anything else consuming bandwidth, and no one else is on the internet in my house.

Could someone please help me?

Hi tedres,

why do not you use my server to play project m,
and take a look at latency.

my post that helps convert the wii isos to connect to the server

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ne...or-dolphin

Best regards

valianros

Hello! Anyone who want to play Mario Kart, SSBB, Mario Strikers or anything - plz, add me to your skype list. My nickname is "valianros". Thanks!

Mario3264Win10

Anyone interested enough want to play New Super Mario Bros. Wii. My nickname is "Naruto_64α" (case-sensitive).

daboss54320

Hello all. I have been looking for someone to play Mario Party with. 5 has always been a favorite but I'm open to other ones, preferably keeping it on GC though. Ideally you have a mic as well so we can both talk to each other. We'll use the latest version of dolphin unless you have a good reason not to.

I have a fairly decent computer and I should be able to consistently get a smooth frame rate but I understand if this is a struggle. If you only drop a few frames at certain times I'll be okay with playing with you, but please nobody that has serious performance issues, sorry.

PM me if you wanna hook up to play, or just reply to this. We'll maybe add each other on steam or some other instant messaging thing and go from there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5