Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Netplay Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I have:
Spoiler:
I have 4 swords but I've never played it. I also have SSBB and SSBM. I could go grab Tales of Symphonia as well
4 swords needs GBA link to do multiplayer, so it doesn't work on net play.
Brawl or melee is ok.
I don't think tales has a multiplayer?
tales has a co-op iirc. When do you want to brawl? I have school from 11-4 T/Th and 2-5 M/W. Tonight I am not available until after 9ish. My time zone is PDT (Oregon).

I have the NTSC-U version of SSBB btw
I haven't found how to use it yet Tongue
I'm eastern time, so add 3 hours to what you have.
How about Friday?

I have NTSC-U ssbb also
ok. latest version, right? What time do you want to play?

teders

Could someone tell me how exactly netplay works? I mean when i host a game or connect to another persons game, what is going on between my machine and the person im connecting to? I assume this is a TCP connection that is being created, but on what port?

When i host a game, the code that i give someone -- does netplay translate that into a remote IP/port configuration? Or when i host a game, do i obtain the code from an intermediate server which facilitates the connection between my machine and whoever im playing with?

Im asking because im generally curious, but also im having some issues with latency when ive played with other people. I think today im going to try to connect my two computers via netplay and see the performance of that.

Btw im playing project M on netplay.

Thanks for the help!
It's a P2P connection, meaning you're connecting directly to the person's IP address and whatever port their computer is on.

@NFK98: version 4.0-5987. On Friday I'm free after 6 pm my time, so 3 pm your time
Alright, I'll touch up on my brawl in the meantime lol. Never netplayed before, so you'll need to help me out. Will I need ProjectM?
Project M is just a modified Brawl with mechanics more in line with Melee. It's not needed to use net play, but some people prefer it, but I have never used it.

The way I've done brawl net play before is to use a clean portable.txt version of dolphin, and then I've shared my wii folder with the others so we can use all characters.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5