Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Question about cpu charge.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Tasoeur

When I'm running a game with those graphics settings :

[Image: cedd85140102c88a334536cd21aa0dc1da24ae64.png]

I got some audio stutter but my cpu charge isn't at 100% (but around 35%)

Is audio stutter and cpu charge are related ?  

Is there a way to fix audio stutter ? (I assume my cpu can handle those graphics settings right ?)

Audio settings :
[Image: 640ae2f7b2f04ae7c75dc7b313dd456a7b215327.png]

My PC settings are in my profile.

Thanks by advance for your consideration ! Smile
Your CPU will never register at 100% in the Task Manager, because Dolphin only uses 2 of your 4 cores. One core emulates the GC CPU, while the other core emulates the GC GPU.
Graphics settings (generally) stress your GPU, not CPU.
What are you pc specs?

How often does the stutter occur? Just the begining of games or the whole time?
(03-16-2015, 02:27 PM)ZL580 Wrote: [ -> ]What are you pc specs?

He said they were in his profile. lrn2reed

Audio stutter is unrelated to FPS, as the core responsible for graphics is not the same as the one responsible for audio. Also, 100% CPU usage is impossible with Dolphin because it only utilizes 2 cores of your quad core processor. Play around with audio settings, and switch to the DSP LLE Interpreter.
(03-17-2015, 10:11 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]Audio stutter is unrelated to FPS, as the core responsible for graphics is not the same as the one responsible for audio.
This is not correct. "Audio stutter" means that the game is running below full FPS (even for a split second), almost assuredly due to waiting for the CPU or GPU thread.

Switching to DSP LLE will likely make problems worse, since LLE is even slower.
Oh. My b
(03-17-2015, 10:11 AM)NKF98 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-16-2015, 02:27 PM)ZL580 Wrote: [ -> ]What are you pc specs?

He said they were in his profile. lrn2reed

Audio stutter is unrelated to FPS, as the core responsible for graphics is not the same as the one responsible for audio. Also, 100% CPU usage is impossible with Dolphin because it only utilizes 2 cores of your quad core processor. Play around with audio settings, and switch to the DSP LLE Interpreter.

DSP LLE *recompiler*.