Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: EFB to RAM cache setting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does "EFBCopyCacheEnable = True" still have a positive effect when enabling EFB to RAM? I don't know which games really benefit from it - or isn't it recommended to use at all..?

Default setting in games which require EFB to RAM never have cache enabled.. so I wonder why, when it is supposed to increase performance. For example with Wind Waker (from the .ini file):
[Video_Hacks]
EFBToTextureEnable = False

Other games which use EFB to RAM are New Super Mario Bros (spinning coins) and Mario Kart Wii (lense flare).
(03-06-2015, 07:43 PM)xystus Wrote: [ -> ]Does "EFBCopyCacheEnable = True" still have a positive effect when enabling EFB to RAM? I don't know which games really benefit from it - or isn't it recommended to use at all..?

Default setting in games which require EFB to RAM never have cache enabled.. so I wonder why, when it is supposed to increase performance. For example with Wind Waker (from the .ini file):
[Video_Hacks]
EFBToTextureEnable = False

Other games which use EFB to RAM are New Super Mario Bros (spinning coins) and Mario Kart Wii (lense flare).

If you use the latest dev no, since it is removed entirely from dolphin. That should answer why it is not used, but i would add that it didn't offer any useful benefit speedwise and under certain setting scenarios it could even slow down things (if you used it with safe texture cache). And it would break stuff too, New Super Mario Bros (spinning coins) didn't work with it.
Aha..! Thanks for the info
(03-06-2015, 07:59 PM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]If you use the latest dev no, since it is removed entirely from dolphin. That should answer why it is not used, but i would add that it didn't offer any useful benefit speedwise and under certain setting scenarios it could even slow down things (if you used it with safe texture cache). And it would break stuff too, New Super Mario Bros (spinning coins) didn't work with it.

The spinning coins being broken was a bug, which was fixed eventually. But i agree, there wasn't much to gain by it.