Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Just got an older laptop // is it good enough for running games on Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

today I got an older laptop usually just for studying .. But I was wondering if it's powerful enough to run games on Dolphin. It is called Latitude E6410
If its the one with the core i5-520M maybe a few of the less demanding games. I'm not sure though.
(02-27-2015, 08:05 AM)Benze Wrote: [ -> ]If its the one with the core i5-520M maybe a few of the less demanding games. I'm not sure though.

I like to play the GCN Mario Partys and MKDD
Shouldn´t have that much of a problem. Those games are normally lightweight*.

*When running on game´s native resolution and in single-player mode.
When I chose OpenGl it says the machine does not support OpenGL 3.0
That's because the iGPU in it only supports GL 2.1
So I tried some games and it turned out they are running like sh** ..

I'm planning to get a better laptop, would this one handle Dolphin well? :

http://www.amazon.de/Lenovo-Notebook-GeF...rds=laptop
Would have some advantages, but still suffer some slowdowns.
Quote:So I tried some games and it turned out they are running like sh** ..
Not even my i5 4300M @ 3.2GHz can handle demanding games well
Base on Dolphin Benchmark Ivy Bridge (i5 3xxxM)is 30% slower than Haswell (i5 4xxxM) . Light-weight games may run ok with it but demanding games won't
If you want most games to run well , you will need atleast an i7 4700MQ or i7 4710MQ or i7 4700HQ... plus Nvidia GT 840M or better GPU
(03-02-2015, 06:47 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:So I tried some games and it turned out they are running like sh** ..
Not even my i5 4300M @ 3.2GHz can handle demanding games well
Base on Dolphin Benchmark Ivy Bridge (i5 3xxxM)is 30% slower than Haswell (i5 4xxxM) . Light-weight games may run ok with it but demanding games won't
If you want most games to run well , you will need atleast an i7 4700MQ or i7 4710MQ or i7 4700HQ... plus Nvidia GT 840M or better GPU

The HD 4600 iGPU in those Haswell chips you mentioned should be good for 2x-2.5x IR. You don't necessarily need dedicated graphics on those high-end mobile CPUs in order to get a good experience from Dolphin.