Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Could my new build finally run zelda tP?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I remember making this thread:

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-wh...n-zelda-tp

I remember everything played pretty smooth until hyrule field and everything went down to 14 fps

with this build,

[color=#000000]i7-3630QM @ 3,4ghz[/color]

[color=#000000]8GB, 12GB PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM 1600 MHz[/color]
[color=#000000]NVIDIA® GeForce® GT750M GDDR5 2GB[/color]
[color=#000000]I can run bf4 and skyrim on max settings lol.[/color]

Now i bought a new gaming pc:

[color=#5e5e5e]I5 4690K @ 4.0ghz OC[/color]

[color=#5e5e5e]Cooler Master Hyper 412S[/color]
[color=#5e5e5e]MSI Z97 Gaming 5[/color]
[color=#5e5e5e]gtx 970 4gb[/color]
[color=#5e5e5e]600 Watt Cooler master[/color]
[color=#5a5a5a]Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB DDR3-1866 [/color]

Could i finally run zelda TP in hyrule field at a decent fps?
Wind Waker? Do you mean Twilight Princess? I know there's a Hyrule in WW but its not very demanding from when I played it.

You should be fine with the newest dolphin revision
aha yeh i mean tp Big Grin
It's so lightweight that it runs at double speed in 4K UHD with a cheap dual-core CPU (the Pentium G Anniversary Edition) and a mid-range GPU (GTX 960).
LOL, even AMD CPUs can run it 'smooth as butter' now.

All you need is build 4.0-5624 (or Ishiiruka v273), the speedup patch, fast texture cache and EFB to Texture.
and could i still run it with max graphics or?
I think you are just missing the twilight princess speedhack. Did you read the old progress report about it?
https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2014/06/30/...june-2014/

There's one version(NTSC 1.0?) that doesn't have the speedhack yet, but it should be just a matter of days now.

Then with one of the most recent changes, you can play the game in efb to texture without drawbacks now. Add HLE audio to this, and it should be more than playable on your laptop already.
@dragonwith. Yes, in fact your old machine would've been able to play it at full speed now. The developers here have made some excellent strides these past few months in accuracy and speed. There is now a Hyrule Patch built-in to the game, you just have to right click the game and enable it instead of using the old AR code from before.

I have a 4690s and a GTX 970 and I can run it at full speed, not a single drop in performance, and that is with LLE audio. Just make sure efb2tex is on and set to fast as kirbypuff mentioned before. I have mine set to 4xIR too. Smile
Ah cheers!

The developers are doing a great job with dolphin emu!

Is there someway i can donate, i really appreciate such great work.
(02-24-2015, 03:02 AM)kirbypuff Wrote: [ -> ]It's so lightweight that it runs at double speed in 4K UHD with a cheap dual-core CPU (the Pentium G Anniversary Edition) and a mid-range GPU (GTX 960).
LOL, even AMD CPUs can run it 'smooth as butter' now.

All you need is build 4.0-5601 (or Ishiiruka v273), the speedup patch, fast texture cache and EFB to Texture.

Hey where can i get the speedup patch? And all the other things are options in dolphin?
(02-24-2015, 05:07 AM)dragonwith Wrote: [ -> ]where can i get the speedup patch? And all the other things are options in dolphin?

All those 'things' are Dolphin settings, including the speedup patch.

P.S. Always use the latest dev build (4.0-5624 as of this writing).