Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Recommended video card = lag? What gives???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Every time I use dolphin I get an average of 8 FPS (0 to 29) FPS mostly stays on 8 to 15 and I have all my settings down and the only thing I have running is chrome and skype (sometimes itunes  Big Grin )
But anyways that's besides the point because when I when I went to the website to look at the recommended specs I was shocked that they recommended the GPU I WAS USING  Undecided  Huh   Undecided ...
My gpu is a ATI Radeon HD 5770 so what gives???
Make sure you're using the latest development version of Dolphin. Also, can you screenshot your GPU settings for Dolphin?
What game are you trying to play? You're probably getting a CPU benchmark.
(02-11-2015, 12:00 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]What game are you trying to play? You're probably getting a CPU benchmark.

Oh I didn't know I would get replies this fast...
Well when I play the Umbrella Chronicles it lags SOOOO mutch that the sound sounds jagged (sooo anoying)
And Call of Duty 2 lags worse (2-13 FPS) that I can't play it since it's too laggy. It's soo wierd when they talk...
Grab the latest dev build, switch over to HLE audio, and put EFB to texture.
(02-11-2015, 02:19 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Grab the latest dev build, switch over to HLE audio, and put EFB to texture.

Thank's that worked.
It's at 30 FPS and sometimes drops down but still playable. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Which CPU do you have? you never asnwered that...
(02-15-2015, 09:34 AM)omega_rugal Wrote: [ -> ]Which CPU do you have? you never asnwered that...

Sorry for late response but I was busy.
That dosen't matter since I have a fast one.

Intel Core i7 Extreme 975
Quote:That dosen't matter since I  have a fast one.

While that CPU may be fast in heavily-threaded workloads, in Dolphin it's about as fast as my Athlon.
Call of Duty 2 is a very demanding game, so it's not a surprise that you're experiencing the slow frame-rates that you are. I can't play the game at full speed, either.

In short, your GPU is fine, but your CPU is the problem here.
(02-15-2015, 09:57 PM)AdderDee Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:That dosen't matter since I  have a fast one.

While that CPU may be fast in heavily-threaded workloads, in Dolphin it's about as fast as my Athlon.
Call of Duty 2 is a very demanding game, so it's not a surprise that you're experiencing the slow frame-rates that you are. I can't play the game at full speed, either.

In short, your GPU is fine, but your CPU is the problem here.

Are you for realz??????
Well on Task Manager it goes up and down allot but the only times it stays at 100% is when my video editor renders out videos.
And it's a 200-400$ CPU (Depending if you buy it used)
Is there a way to make dolphin use all or most of the threads?
Or is it that I just have a slow CPU?
Pages: 1 2