Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Holy Bananas, Mario Sunshine in Dolphin running at native 60fps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This video, just... this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uoBTZxC3Rs

I do wonder how it'd would work in Dolphin 3.5 with the less-accurate asynchronous audio system and all (where the audio won't play faster even if you run the game at, say, 1.5x speed - I tested this with F-Zero GX years ago)
The guy posted it a while back here on the forums.
So many games I'd like to play at 60FPS including this one.

^ looks like the guy also did one for Pikmin 2 where the music works fine but cutscenes break.
Shhh, guys, I'm planning an article around this.
f only skyward sword or tp was 60 fps :'(
(02-06-2015, 12:21 AM)rlaugh0095 Wrote: [ -> ]f only skyward sword or tp was 60 fps :'(
Just imagine how many extra "ZTP runs poorly on my machine" topics we could get out of that! Big Grin
On the pcsx2 forum their lives a very popular thread similar to this one where someone initially posted their attempt at a 60fps patch in kingdom hearts 2; which a lot like this SMSunshine patch had many issues that a lot of people just delt with at the time. Up until a little less than a year later when some guy just so happened to stumble across the golden shine sprite of patches while looking for something entirely different!

This new patch that people where waiting for (maybe it was just me) was / is pretty much a perfect 60 fps patch with no apparent issues what-so-ever.

Most people who cared enough to look into this Sunshine 60fps patch thread probably were aware of ^this^, yet I remember checking the gc-forever forums (you know, where a ton of 16:9 wide screen patches for various GameCube games can be found) when someone posted their thread about this very same 60fps patch and all I could do was hope that someone would heed that persons call and look through SMSunshines hex data more thoroughly to find a patch similar to the near perfect patch(es) that now exist(s) for all ps2 kingdom hearts games.

Expecting a near perfect patch to happen in any game other than those kingdom hearts games mentioned earlier is so god damn unlikely from what I understand, but go figure with all the incredible recent developments going on with Dolphin on the emulator end I had just assumed that someone out there in this community was aware that someone was putting out issue -ridden patches and was hard at work (or a developer was at the very least doing it on the side) on a better patch with fewer issues.

My post may have been kind-of redundant so far but I am interested if anyone out there knows of any tricks using cheat engine or really any other program so that someone like me can pour hours at a time into finding a more complete 60fps patch, at the very least in Sunshine, could you let me know?
(02-06-2015, 01:43 PM)Soupa Face Wrote: [ -> ]On the pcsx2 forum their lives a very popular thread similar to this one where someone initially posted their attempt at a 60fps patch in kingdom hearts 2; which a lot like this SMSunshine patch had many issues that a lot of people just delt with at the time. Up until a little less than a year later when some guy just so happened to stumble across the golden shine sprite of patches while looking for something entirely different!

This new patch that people where waiting for (maybe it was just me) was / is pretty much a perfect 60 fps patch with no apparent issues what-so-ever.

Most people who cared enough to look into this Sunshine 60fps patch thread probably were aware of ^this^, yet I remember checking the gc-forever forums (you know, where a ton of 16:9 wide screen patches for various GameCube games can be found) when someone posted their thread about this very same 60fps patch and all I could do was hope that someone would heed that persons call and look through SMSunshines hex data more thoroughly to find a patch similar to the near perfect patch(es) that now exist(s) for all ps2 kingdom hearts games.

Expecting a near perfect patch to happen in any game other than those kingdom hearts games mentioned earlier is so god damn unlikely from what I understand, but go figure with all the incredible recent developments going on with Dolphin on the emulator end I had just assumed that someone out there in this community was aware that someone was putting out issue -ridden patches and was hard at work (or a developer was at the very least doing it on the side) on a better patch with fewer issues.

My post may have been kind-of redundant so far but I am interested if anyone out there knows of any tricks using cheat engine or really any other program so that someone like me can pour hours at a time into finding a more complete 60fps patch, at the very least in Sunshine, could you let me know?

Heck, birth by sleep for the psp has a cheat code that enables 60 fps. o.o 
Give it a go on ppsspp.
I like how there was a second version of the patch that fixes the issues that showed up in the first one already.
I've compiled a build with the needed change if anyone wants to try it out! To get the 60 FPS working in Super Mario Sunshine:

1) Use this build
2) Add the necessary patch (dword type; 804167B8 for the offset; 3F600000 for the value)
3) Enable the VBeam speed hack

The game is much smoother at 60 FPS, and it's quite the looker when paired with 2560x1440 and 4xSSAA! Enjoy!

Also, for note, this build is not intended for use in other games! Using this for games outside of Super Mario Sunshine with the 60 FPS hack would not yield a pleasant gameplay experience.
Pages: 1 2