Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin beyond build 4565 does not start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

I've used and enjoyed Dolphin for years and years and I am as most are blown away by it.

However, recently I've run into trouble.

Any build above 4.0-4565 no longer starts, I get a momentary spin on the blue circle, then nothing.

The error log shows this :-

Unhandled Exception
Code: 0xC0000005
Call stack info:
Dolphin!0x00AD642F : ?

and no process is active.

I can run anything before 4565 easily, and with great results. Can anybody explain what I need to do to get the newer versions working?
I've tried a complete fresh install, change directory, removed the data folder in the My Documents folder, run as administrator, even compatibility mode but nothing works !

I'm Win7 64, Nividia GTX560, 12Gb memory, i7-2600K

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andy
Have you tried adding portable.txt to the exe directory to see if portable mode fixes it? Have you tried updating your video card drivers?
Thanks for the reply
No to the portable text, I just used it. It created the local folder directory but there were no files, only the folder structure. Same Exception error in the log.
I'm using 340.52 drivers..not the newest, but for me very stable, as the GTX560 is getting on a bit I've found the newer drivers tend to be slower and less stable. But certainly the 340.52's work find for 4.0 4565 even now, do you know if anything changed in later builds to change that?

Cheers
Andy
Just to add another data point, this is also happening to me.
I last updated dev build around december 2014 (can't remember the build number) and when i tried the recent builds last weekend the GUI won't start.

exceptioninfo.txt has the following lines:

Quote:Unhandled Exception
Call stack info:
    Dolphin!0x00AC9A1F : ?

The builds i downloaded and tested are from 4973 to 5408 : won't start, same symptoms.
The last build i had (from december) that was working was build 4488.
Fresh install of 4.0.2 stable works fine.

Running Windows7 Pro x64 with i2500K and AMD HD6950 (Catalyst 2014-11), so i don't think this is an nvidia vs amd issue (since AndyDedLuck is on Nvidia).
Tried compatibility mode, run as admin, and global/local userdir setting, nothing worked so far.

Thank you.
Got some time this morning so i did some more digging to narrow down the problem build.
Here are the results of my test:
----------
4573 works
4587 works
4589 works
4594 fail
4595 fail
4601 fail
4654 fail
4667 fail
4782 fail
4973 fail
----------
So for me, the last build that "works" (didn't silently die) is 4589.

Not sure what else is happening between 4589 and 4594, but it's a bit weird since 4594 was about GameCube adapter support... Not gonna speculate until i got more info.
Thank you.
Hi !

Thanks Noda Meiji I thought it was just me, i'm totally confused by all this, but now at least, not alone !

Degasus, thanks for joining the party, I tried the link 4.0 - 4594 I still get the same blue circle for a few seconds, then nothing. Exception.txt writes :-

Unhandled Exception
Call stack info:
Dolphin!0x00AC4A1F : ?

Thanks for any help you can offer !

EDIT - I can confirm what Noda said, the last version that runs fine (downloaded and tried this morning) is 4.0-4589
libusb strikes again?
Is there something I can do to update the libusb library or is it an embedded feature?
In the Windows version of Dolphin, libusb is an embedded feature.

Would you please test this fix?

https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/1984

A build with the fix can be downloaded here:

http://dl.dolphin-emu.org/prs/pr-1984-do...est-x64.7z
Pages: 1 2 3