Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin lag when my laptop isn't plugged in/charging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I usually played dolphin with 2x IR with little to no lag. However recently dolphin lag ONLY WHEN MY LAPTOP ISN'T PLUGGED IN/CHARGING. I use SSBM to test this. On the Stage Clear screen usually I got 60 fps with 2x IR but now I only got around 35 fps. I don't want to use 1x IR because the game looks horrible. Please help!!! Spec are listed in my sig.

Here's a few thing I have tried.
- Changing power plan to High Performance
- Change Nvidia GPU power management mode to Maximum Performance
- Disabling Progressive Scan on Dolphin
- Use ThrottleStop to keep my CPU in Turbo Boost mode.

Any Solutions?
IF A BATTERY IS USED TOO MUCH THEY STARTS TO HAVE LESS DURATION
AND THIS MAKES YOUR COMPUTER PERFORMANCE GO DOWN BECAUSE HE NEED MORE ENERGY FROM THE BATTERY THAT IS WEAK
THE ONLY SOLUTION IS TO BUY A NEW BATTERY FROM YOUR LAPTOP
THANKS, Seems I don't have another choice beside changing my battery Big Grin
Um, that advice is totally wrong. As a lithium ion battery ages, it loses capacity. They will maintain their discharge rate all the way until they die completely, shedding capacity instead of discharge rate as they go. The last rechargeable battery type to lose it's discharge strength as it weakens is NiCad, and they haven't been used in laptops for 25 years!

What's going on is that when Windows detects you are on a battery, it automatically enables power saving features, such as underclocking the CPU or only using one CPU core. You can disable this in the power options if you want, but they are there for a reason!
But when I'm checking power options it said I'm using High Performance. Is there any specific configuration to disable power saving.
It could also be your graphics drivers underclocking your GPU or switching GPUs for the same reason. I notice you have an Intel Core i5-3210M as well as a GT 650M, so it's possible your laptop is switching to the integrated graphics when on battery. In which case, you should check the laptop performance guide!

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance-guide

Make sure you try everything that it suggests!
I check using GPU Activity Icon and it said I'm using Nvidia Card instead of Integrated Graphic
IMO the problem is with the GPU because the game played smoothly in 1x IR. Any ideas?
How did you set it to high performance exactly? Can you post a screenshot?
I'm using the Power Options in Control Panel.
Pages: 1 2