Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I need some netplay help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So i'm looking to buy a laptop that I can play online super smash brothers melee with because no one local plays smash brothers competitively. My range is about 200$ and I found one that fits my style, but I need help answering this question.... can these specs provide a decent online melee experience?
I don't know much about emulating gamecube games, any information on these specs and what I should look for is appreciated.
SpecsBig Grinell Dual Core Gaming Laptop 2.5GHz 250GB
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Edition
- Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.5 GHz
- 250GB Hard Drive
- 2 GB Ram
- 17.1" High Quality LCD Display (1440 x900 )
thanks Cool
I'm sorry but sub $1000 is not a gaming laptop , not even close
Netplay needs dual core disabled , you must run game in single core mode which requires a very powerful mobile CPU to run at full speed
5/6 years old Core 2 duo is a joke . I'm using Core i5 4300M @ 3.2GHz & Intel HD 4600 , most demanding games don't run full speed
To put it bluntly , you need to spend 1000 at least for Core i7 4700MQ or better CPU plus decent Nvidia/AMD GPU if you want to play most games full speed
(01-26-2015, 03:48 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry but sub $1000 is not a gaming laptop , not even close
Netplay needs dual core disabled , you must run game in single core mode which requires a very powerful mobile CPU to run at full speed
5/6 years old Core 2 duo is a joke . I'm using Core i5 4300M @ 3.2GHz & Intel HD 4600 , most demanding games don't run full speed
To put it bluntly , you need to spend 1000 at least for Core i7 4700MQ or better CPU plus decent Nvidia/AMD GPU if  you want to play most games full speed

What do you suggest I do now?
I don't have 1000 to spend.
Pay an additional $200 to build a desktop
Yeah, $400 or so can get you a G3258, that when overclocked, is one of the top 5 CPUs for Dolphin
Dual core works on Netplay now and SSBM is a lightweight game however you're gonna need to spend at least 500 for a good laptop that will run well.
Fuck a laptop lol, I'm looking for a desktop now, how does this sound?

Brand:
Dell
Processor Speed: 3.40 GHz
Product Line: Optiplex Graphics Processing Type: Integrated/On-Board Graphics
Model:
620, 745
Memory: 4 GB
Operating System: Windows 7 Hard Drive Capacity: 80 GB
Screen Size: 17" Operating System Edition: Home Premium
Processor Type: Dual Core Bundled Items: Keyboard, Monitor, Mouse, Ethernet Port
Do you have a link?
That integrated/On-board graphics 620, 745 sounds like the old Core 2 Duo Intel GMA series, which will not run Dolphin at all, they literally lack the hardware level support for Dolphin. And the CPU will be slow as well. But, show us the link so we may judge.
10000% no, do not buy, it is a COre 2 Duo, it will be slow, and the Intel GMA graphics suck.
Pages: 1 2 3